+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

A very interesting and revealing story here about Tomlin. Sounds like he was in a very dark place but now through it - with help from Warnock, club staff, Bellamy and others.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...h-torment.html

Maybe this time the pre-season optimism is different?

Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

Sounds like the club have done right by him

Didn’t know how bad things had got for Lee. Good to read he’s feeling better.

I dread to think of the things he has done wrong, but I firmly believe Bellamy is a net positive influence and I hope we can find a way to benefit from his strengths.

International

The north of England is a very dark place.
    Believe me I lived there and married some
    one from there.

International

I don't believe a word of it. If he was motivated and interested he wouldn't be insisting on living so far away.
    I think he is a man who does as little as possible to get as much as possible.

If he is committed the City should say move here train properly and if you get fat you don't get paid.
    See how committed he is then

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I don't believe a word of it. If he was motivated and interested he wouldn't be insisting on living so far away.

If he is committed the City should say move here train properly and if you get fat you don't get paid.
    He obviously made up his stories about suicidal feelings and a suicide attempt then.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    He obviously made up his stories about suicidal feelings and a suicide attempt then.
    Yup. I think that is exactly what he, and his agent, have done.
    Maybe looking down the barrel of a potential release by City.
    I will believe his reincarnation as a dedicated player when he delivers it. He has spectacularly failed ot do it yet!!

I will believe his reincarnation as a dedicated player when he delivers it. He has spectacularly failed ot do it yet!!
    What evidence do you have to effectively call him a liar in respect of such a serious subject? And would Warnock have been so understanding about Tomlin's predicament if the guy was just a layabout?

International

What evidence do you have to effectively call him a liar in respect of such a serious subject? And would Warnock have been so understanding about Tomlin's predicament if the guy was just a layabout?
    What evidence do you have that he is telling the truth and is reformed?

He crashed a car on the M69 and "never told anyone about it, just went out the next day and bought a new one".
    What are the chances that a professional footballer could do this without the police getting involved (The do notice crashed cars on motorways eventually) and/or no press getting a sniff of it?

as I said, I'll believe his reformation when I see evidence of it. you can bookmark this if you want!!

What about the part where he says this has been going on for a while and Warnock has been aware of it and helping him the entire time? You're making it sound like they've cooked up this plan recently

What evidence do you have that he is telling the truth and is reformed?

He crashed a car on the M69 and "never told anyone about it, just went out the next day and bought a new one".
    What are the chances that a professional footballer could do this without the police getting involved (The do notice crashed cars on motorways eventually) and/or no press getting a sniff of it?

as I said, I'll believe his reformation when I see evidence of it. you can bookmark this if you want!!
    I don't need evidence as the question was about you accusing him of lying. He may possibly be doing so but to be so adamant that he is lying about things suicidal would be horrendous if you were wrong. And the fact that he may resort to how he was doesn't prove anything, as such. If his problem was indeed about mental health it's not something that could be perfectly resolved.

Fecking hell, you’re on one tonight ain’t you? First you insinuate that sexual molestation is blown out of proportion, and now that Lee Tomlin has made up his battles with his mental health and suicidal thoughts, what’s next in your firing line?

International

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Fecking hell, you’re on one tonight ain’t you? First you insinuate that sexual molestation is blown out of proportion, and now that Lee Tomlin has made up his battles with his mental health and suicidal thoughts, what’s next in your firing line?
    I'm not "on one" I just get sick sometimes of the current trend that gives people an "out" for any kind of behavior. It is only in the last few years all these accusations and things have surfaced. I am not saying this shit didn't go on but I sometimes question whether a lot of people jump on the wagon to justify their own problems.
    Now you can say what you want in respect to that, it is only my own thoughts. But what ever you do say is unlikely to sway my opinion.

International

I don't need evidence as the question was about you accusing him of lying. He may possibly be doing so but to be so adamant that he is lying about things suicidal would be horrendous if you were wrong. And the fact that he may resort to how he was doesn't prove anything, as such. If his problem was indeed about mental health it's not something that could be perfectly resolved.
    Don't use the "I don't need evidence" thing. Its like saying "He must be telling the truth because he said it first".
    I disagree with what you said. I don't have to 'prove' anything. The man will prove or disprove it himself by what he does from here on. But I wouldn't bet on your interpretation.

I did not say I was adamant he was lying, I said I don't believe it. He does not strike me as suicidal, but I'm sure your knowledge and insight is greater than mine. Shall we just wait and see?

By the way has he moved to Cardiff or is he still planning to commute? A little evidence of commitment would be nice!

Like I said, bookmark it!

Okay you don’t but it and thats your opinion.
    However I trust Warnock has bought it hence why he’s stuck with the player.
    I trust the clubs opinion having been close to the player as opposed to a MB poster sharing their opinion on a whim.

We can't be far from "how can he be depressed earning thousands a week". Go on xsnaggle, let's have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I dread to think of the things he has done wrong, but I firmly believe Bellamy is a net positive influence and I hope we can find a way to benefit from his strengths.
    That's not going to happen. He's left the club.

He does not strike me as suicidal, but I'm sure your knowledge and insight is greater than mine.
    An old mate of mine hung himself on June 18th. I attended his funeral yesterday. None of his family or closest friends had any idea he was in such a desperate frame of mind, including people who saw him, talked to him and interacted with him just days before he killed himself.

I was going to say I hope that information provides you with something to think about as regards mental health, but the evidence of your comments on this message board suggest you won't think about it at all because you're a ****ing idiot.

What a horrible thing to say, and unfortunately one of many horrible comments you've made throughout this thread

I sincerely hope you come to regret them when you re-read them

xsnaggle does ask a valid question though when he asks.. "By the way has he moved to Cardiff or is he still planning to commute? A little evidence of commitment would be nice!"

I would also like him to commit to moving to the area. However, it could be argued that staying with his family in Leceistershire has attributed to his well-being and new peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    An old mate of mine hung himself on June 18th. I attended his funeral yesterday. None of his family or closest friends had any idea he was in such a desperate frame of mind, including people who saw him, talked to him and interacted with him just days before he killed himself.

I was going to say I hope that information provides you with something to think about as regards mental health, but the evidence of your comments on this message board suggest you won't think about it at all because you're a ****ing idiot.
    Totally agree with you he is a ****ing idiot, he has no idea whatsoever!

Steve Coogan's depiction of Alan Partridge as a Toblerone fiend (as revealed in his "autobiography") struck a bit of a chord with me because I do have a degree of cynicism when it comes to people in the public eye having to get the details of their mental issues "out there" for us all to read or hear about. I'd also say that I've definitely been quite hard on Lee Tomlin because I feel there is nothing worse in professional sport than wasted talent as careers are frittered away through self indulgence - I was all for getting him off our books if we possibly could.

That said, the Daily Mail article has made me change my mind about Tomlin - I believe him, simple as that. If those who see him training every day at the club believe there has been a significant change in Tomlin's mental approach (he genuinely looks to have made big efforts to improve his physical fitness), then I say get him in the first team squad as soon as possible - he would be a great option to have on the bench because, at his best, he would give us something that we don't have at the moment, he'd be like a new signing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    xsnaggle does ask a valid question though when he asks.. "By the way has he moved to Cardiff or is he still planning to commute? A little evidence of commitment would be nice!"

I would also like him to commit to moving to the area.
    Do you feel the same about the manager?

Yv
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

I would also like him to commit
    to moving to the area. However, it could be argued that staying with his family in Leceistershire has attributed to his well-being and new peace of mind.

So you state he has a “valid question”, then you dismiss this so called “valid question”, with the sensible sentence “maybe being at home has attributed to his well being” !! Strange !!!!

Which way is it, valid or dismissible ????

X has definitely let himself down here