+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

International

Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

Folks, don't misunderstand me, I hope I'm wrong just as much as you do. It's just that I doubt it. I seriously doubt it.
    I seem to recall after he joined us from Bristol everyone was saying he was much fitter, looking the part etc but he didn't deliver consistently.
    Someone just said perhaps being at home contributes to his well being yet for the whole of his time at this club people have castigated him for not making a commitment by moving here. Why has that suddenly changed?
    AS for TLG's comment - I do understand mental health problems. I had a massive mental breakdown in 1992 and I had a relapse 3 years later. It took me about 8 years to get myself straight. In the end I had to make them sign me off the sick or I might still be on it.
    But as TOBW says, I didn't feel the need to go out and broadcast it to the world, I just worked my way through it all in my head and I am a much better more relaxed person now and life is good.

TONW nailed it with his comment "I believe him, simple as that" basically saying he has no evidence to believe him but has a feeling
    its true. Well I don't believe him, simple as that.

He has had so many chances to deliver and not done so, so this time until he does for me nothing has changed. Again I will say, I sincerely hope I'm wrong, I just doubt!!

International

Seems everyone suddenly changed their minds, funny that!

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...is-possibility

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you feel the same about the manager?
    I'd never given it any thought before, but now you've asked.. yes, it would be a positive if the manager relocated here too.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Seems everyone suddenly changed their minds, funny that!

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...is-possibility
    Why is it ‘funny’? If you accept what Tomlin says in The Mail article, as most people seem to do, it of course influences how you think about how he’s struggled here.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Yv

So you state he has a “valid question”, then you dismiss this so called “valid question”, with the sensible sentence “maybe being at home has attributed to his well being” !! Strange !!!!

Which way is it, valid or dismissible ????

X has definitely let himself down here

I didn't dismiss his question at all, I endorsed it. I used the words ""it could be argued" meaning I fully expect people would put forward that as a counter argument, not by me but others.

I don't believe a word of it. If he was motivated and interested he wouldn't be insisting on living so far away.
    I think he is a man who does as little as possible to get as much as possible.

If he is committed the City should say move here train properly and if you get fat you don't get paid.
    See how committed he is then
    This is a terrible attitude to have towards mental health. I’d rather be taken in by one liar than call all the genuine people suffering with these sort of issues liars.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I'd never given it any thought before, but now you've asked.. yes, it would be a positive if the manager relocated here too.
    Neil Warnock aand his wife been living in Ogmore bye sea since he signed for us, without actually selling his house I would say he has relocated!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This is a terrible attitude to have towards mental health. I’d rather be taken in by one liar than call all the genuine people suffering with these sort of issues liars.
    Too true, I see that Xsnaggle is saying that he himself has suffered with mental health problems, I see that posters on here have taken him at his word, I would have thought he would do the same regarding Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Neil Warnock aand his wife been living in Ogmore bye sea since he signed for us, without actually selling his house I would say he has relocated!
    I didn't know where he lived to be honest. When the other poster asked me if I felt the same about the manager relocating too, I assumed from that line of questioning that he didn't live in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I thought he had - doesnt he live in Ogmore with his wife during season time ? Thats only just over 20 miles away from the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I thought he had - doesnt he live in Ogmore with his wife during season time ? Thats only just over 20 miles away from the ground.
    Apparently so, but it's not me who should be quoted.

International

Too true, I see that Xsnaggle is saying that he himself has suffered with mental health problems, I see that posters on here have taken him at his word, I would have thought he would do the same regarding Tomlin
    You misunderstand. I do normally take people at their word until they show me they are not entirely honest. My only problem with this thing is that after years of failing to produce the goods he has been paid substantial amounts to produce and perhaps the realisation that he isn't going to get away with it any longer, this story emerges in the press telling us how we should all feel sorry for him.
    I think it is driven by his agent and/or him to gain sympathy while he tries to show he is giving the commitment he has so clearly lacked for years in the past.

as I have said and repeated. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but, (and it is a big but for me) after years of failing to deliver I will not believe it until it happens and is sustained. If and when I am proved wrong i'll be the first to admit it, and I'll be more than happy to do so, particularly if he is delivering for the club on the pitch! Lets wait and see shall we?

Well that’s shocking. I can understand people being ignorant to mental health if they haven’t suffered themselves, but to have such an attitude to someone else’s mental health when you’ve suffered yourself is appalling.

If Snaggles really has suffered with mental health problems himself then he should be able to recognise what Tomlin is saying is no lie.

Lying awake at 2am, 3am overthinking things and getting yourself in a state, and worrying about things years in the future that you can do nothing about, then telling yourself suicide is the only way out a very common symptom of anxiety and depression.

Wether he goes on to do the business for City is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. His health is more important than football.

As it says in the article mental health doesn’t discriminate and it’s an absolute pathetic notion to suggest just because he’s been well paid he shouldn’t be suffering from mental health.

Shame on you Snaggles.

Good luck Lee Tomlin.

If we see a new committed Tomlin that will be the positive ,for him ,the club ,and the fans .

You would have to be a very cold, nasty person , to make this up.

But does Warnock play with a 10 or is this a message to his next club?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    But does Warnock play with a 10 or is this a message to his next club?
    If Tomlin is fully fit and has his head in the game, he could turn out to be a very dangerous weapon. He has the potential to make the Championship team of the season.

Mental health is like any physical injury and we don't criticise player when a ruptured achilles keeps them out for a season.With the right treatment a person can recover.If he's had said treatment there's no reason not to get behind him.Being someone that's suffered in the past myself he'll also know that you can only play this card once.He probably knows he's in the last chance saloon as far as this club goes and playing at this level too.Also a nod needs to be given to those that helped him through it which includes the Gaffer and Bellers.I had written him off but if the gaffer thinks he's worth another go that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    An old mate of mine hung himself on June 18th. I attended his funeral yesterday. None of his family or closest friends had any idea he was in such a desperate frame of mind, including people who saw him, talked to him and interacted with him just days before he killed himself.

I was going to say I hope that information provides you with something to think about as regards mental health, but the evidence of your comments on this message board suggest you won't think about it at all because you're a ****ing idiot.
    Hear hear. Even if you're lucky enough to not have to have experienced the shock of a suicide of a loved one then what happened with Gary Speed and the little anyone knew about how he was really feeling should have been enough to stop you posting something so ignorant

International

How many timers must I say this?
    I have every sympathy with people with mental health problems. Most manage to get through them thank God. And most of them without the need (or the means) to tell the whole world.
    In this case I simply believe that the timing and the publicising is a little too convenient, given his previous track record of failing to deliver, and his or his agents wish to show everyone the new Tomlin.
    As I have already said numerous times, I sincerely hope I am wrong and if and when he does deliver I will gladly apologise for my scepticism.
    But until he delivers I will reserve my opinion. He has failed to deliver on so many occasions and given so many opportunities.
    Delmbox your comment re Gary speed was unnecessary, but I assume you picked him because he was also in the public eye, but I'm sure we all know people who have had these problems and not felt the need to "go public".
    Why don't we all just wait and see, and then we can judge.

Delmbox your comment re Gary speed was unnecessary, but I assume you picked him because he was also in the public eye, but I'm sure we all know people who have had these problems and not felt the need to "go public".
    It was completely necessary in reply to your quite frankly idiotic "he doesn't strike me as suicidal" comment about someone you've never met.

I have every sympathy with people with mental health problems. Most manage to get through them thank God. And most of them without the need (or the means) to tell the whole world.
    In this case I simply believe that the timing and the publicising is a little too convenient, given his previous track record of failing to deliver, and his or his agents wish to show everyone the new Tomlin.
    As I have already said numerous times, I sincerely hope I am wrong and if and when he does deliver I will gladly apologise for my scepticism.
    But until he delivers I will reserve my opinion. He has failed to deliver on so many occasions and given so many opportunities.
    For you to apologize it seems like Lee Tomlin would have to prove that he had indeed been suffering from mental heath issues.... How do you plan on determining that what he is quoted at saying is fact or fiction?

I can't be the only one that can see what xsnaggle is trying to say?

Fair enough people won't agree with him, I believe Tomlin as it goes purely on the basis of the article, but there's nothing wrong with xsnaggle being a little cynical.

People don't half go overboard on here at times.

International

Its all getting rather silly now. It's like pick on the kid everyone else is picking on. It gets a little silly. So many people on their high moral ground being ultra critical.
    i'm sure many really know what I have been saying, and I've had enough of it now.
    Lets wait and see if he delivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Whilst they are CCFC players I would like to see Tomlin, Madine, Damour, Richards and the other players on the fringe given the chance to come good, state their claim for a place and improve.

We have a number of players who have failed to perform consistently or at all. We start with a blank sheet.

The north of England is a very dark place.
    Believe me I lived there and married some
    one from there.
    And now you live in the fantastic land of Azerbaijan, where any dissenters are killed. Wanker.