+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Taz Mayembe

Taz Mayembe

Chatted briefly to his father this evening at Taffs Well, his younger brother is already at Man City and they want him, with Burnley and Southampton interested as well. City would want £5m for him. Good to see the club keeping onto their assets, especially after losing Matondo for peanuts

Re: Taz Mayembe

My boy knows him. Heard similar stories. Hope City keep hold of him and give him a chance. Sounds like the real deal.

The father seemed a little annoyed that he can't move to man city, but said that they realise that they've just got to get on with it 👍

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    The father seemed a little annoyed that he can't move to man city, but said that they realise that they've just got to get on with it ��
    Whats preventing City doing another Matondo deal then?

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    The father seemed a little annoyed that he can't move to man city, but said that they realise that they've just got to get on with it 👍
    Best thing the club can do is involve him.

He did look good last night, even on a bobbly pitch.

I’d love to see how quick he is running at defenders on a decent pitch.

Now Harris has gone then maybe there is an opening for a winger in the squad

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Best thing the club can do is involve him.

He did look good last night, even on a bobbly pitch.

I’d love to see how quick he is running at defenders on a decent pitch.

Now Harris has gone then maybe there is an opening for a winger in the squad
    We have to see some of these youngsters Coming through and given a chance, otherwise you can’t blame them and their family / agents looking for moves.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    That's what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    I have no idea how contracts work, I was thinking along similar lines when he said that. They must have tied him up to some sort of contract, his dad said he was one of the "scholars", whatever that equates to. A quick Google search brought up that he's played for England u15s and Welsh schoolboys too.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's what I was thinking.
    Depends how old he is I suppose, if he's signed pro terms then I guess that!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Depends how old he is I suppose, if he's signed pro terms then I guess that!
    I believe he's still 16, certainly no older than 17, so I think he'll be a "scholar" at our Academy until he's 18 when the decision will be made about offering him a pro contract (Man City or any other of the clubs mentioned could get him then), it would seem then that he would have signed an Academy contract pretty recently, so I can only assume that the Man City interest has only come about very recently.

One other thing, I believe having Categoey One Academy status would give us a greater degree of protection from another Matondo style raid, but I'm not 100 per cent sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I believe he's still 16, certainly no older than 17, so I think he'll be a "scholar" at our Academy until he's 18 when the decision will be made about offering him a pro contract (Man City or any other of the clubs mentioned could get him then), it would seem then that he would have signed an Academy contract pretty recently, so I can only assume that the Man City interest has only come about very recently.

One other thing, I believe having Categoey One Academy status would give us a greater degree of protection from another Matondo style raid, but I'm not 100 per cent sure about that.