+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Skomer - Anyone?

Skomer - Anyone?

For years I've been meaning to do the Skomer trip to see and photograph the Puffins and going to try this year. Anyone been recently as I'm just wondering if we travel will we definately get on a trip or can it be 'hit and miss'?

Re: Skomer - Anyone?

My Girlfriend and her mum went a couple of months back and couldn't get on a trip because of rough seas

Boats sail dependant on wind and tides and decision is made on the day, check @skomer_boatinfo on Twitter. Not sure if they get oversubscribed but get there early and queue would be safest, you can’t buy in advance.

It’s a few years since I went but then it was just turn up and queue for the boat. It’s a beautiful place, for sure. It’s coming to the end of the puffin watching season now but I’d definitely say it’s worth visiting anytime over the summer.

I tried to go over last week but the trips were full by 9.30, so I did the puffin cruise which takes you round the North of the Island. I have been before and its well worth it. The Puffins will be leaving the Island soon as they spend most of their life on water and only come to Skomer to breed.