+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Four 1st team friendlies

Four 1st team friendlies

I thought there would've been more 1st teamers playing at Taff's Well given we have fewer friendlies than previous years, but no, so that's just the four to get up to match fitness. Is that enough? A lot of teams play 6 or 7. Does it matter? I've no idea what the optimum number is but maybe this is a new approach.

Re: Four 1st team friendlies

I suppose you don't need as many if you aren't trying to bed in any new system particularly.
    If we are basically going to play the same way, with largely the same side then we can probably get away with less.
    It's not like they really need them for fitness any more, the players are much more professional these days and the Break is much shorter

I used to think the same and was critical of the lack of Welsh friendlies before Euro 16. I got that a tad wrong.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I thought there would've been more 1st teamers playing at Taff's Well given we have fewer friendlies than previous years, but no, so that's just the four to get up to match fitness. Is that enough? A lot of teams play 6 or 7. Does it matter? I've no idea what the optimum number is but maybe this is a new approach.
    How much of that is a financial decision and how much a football decision? It won't be til at least Christmas when we find out how well our pre-season has been planned, but you'd think it would be something an experienced manage like Warnock would have an advantage at.