+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Labour inching their way towards becoming a Remain party, but..............

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Labour inching their way towards becoming a Remain party, but..............

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Where in the democratic world does such a system exist though?

Personally, I think that the role of private schools, the attitude of emphasising white collar over blue collar professions, hereditary peerages, the honours system and having a royal family all contribute to class division and elitism that still define the parties to a great degree. And although I am from working class stock I have never found the Labour party appealing either. The two main parties merely seems the two sides of a coin that should no longer be legal tender....
    In my limited experience I have found that class divisions is perpetuated more by the left wing and by communist leaning groups that by anyone else, almost to use it as a weapon and a means of arousing the masses. The problem is that the masses, (the man on the clapham omnibus) couldn't really give a toss.

Re: Labour inching their way towards becoming a Remain party, but..............

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    In my limited experience I have found that class divisions is perpetuated more by the left wing and by communist leaning groups that by anyone else, almost to use it as a weapon and a means of arousing the masses. The problem is that the masses, (the man on the clapham omnibus) couldn't really give a toss.
    I can concur with the same voted Labour and been surrounded by the very same voters all my life as Wales is that clique , the envy is tangible to say the least ,if they are not carping on about the rich is the English , strangely a good number of them are very affluent /comfortable and enjoying the very spoils of capitalism they despise ,which they are not going to give up any time soon .

I do wonder at times if the rants about the rich and success , are those of guilt or just effect .

I think we should bring in a voluntary social care tax that simply goes to the very causes they feel others or governments dont contribute enough too , like too see how many of them actual give .

Or is it easy to moan , and feel good about it ?