+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Championship footballer coming out as gay on talksport tonight

Championship footballer coming out as gay on talksport tonight

https://twitter.com/FootballerGay

Good on the lad whoever he is, this is a very brave move - hopefully this marks a sea-change in attitudes and allows others to do the same, I would hope we have moved on from the days of the tragic case of Justin Fashanu.

Re: Championship footballer coming out as gay on talksport tonight

Will he be prepared to play against us? It's quite an issue in Malaysia and we are sponsored by that country.
    Quite frankly mate I am not bloody interested but the bonkers media will love this personal sexuality crap.

Actually looks like not on talksport - misread this tweet https://twitter.com/JimWhite/status/...280594434?s=19 good luck to him however he wishes to announce it though!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Will he be prepared to play against us? It's quite an issue in Malaysia and we are sponsored by that country.
    Quite frankly mate I am not bloody interested but the bonkers media will love this personal sexuality crap.
    Might be one of our players? regardless I don't think us being sponsored by a country who's government is homophobic would put a gay man off playing against us - probably spur them on more than anything. It would be good of we lived in a world where this was just a regular thing and not interesting but that's not the case just yet and as such will be quite a watershed moment IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Might be one of our players? regardless I don't think us being sponsored by a country who's government is homophobic would put a gay man off playing against us - probably spur them on more than anything. It would be good of we lived in a world where this was just a regular thing and not interesting but that's not the case just yet and as such will be quite a watershed moment IMO.
    Who needs to know? Why should it matter?