+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BBC Remain

Re: BBC Remain

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Wales Bales seems like a sensible chap and he's obviously got a sense of humour
    Have you considered a career in stand up?

I've no idea who RonnieBird is, but he does seem rather familiar! He could even be my doppelganger

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    For a while there Organ you were talking real sense.... then you lost it!
    At what point do you think he lost it? "banks"? Surely no further than "100% reserve ratio"?

Some mighty big hitters in the sphere have advocated what I proposed. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full-reserve_banking

- Economist Milton Friedman at one time advocated a 100% reserve requirement for checking accounts,[8] and economist Laurence Kotlikoff has also called for an end to fractional-reserve banking.[9] Austrian School economist Murray Rothbard has written that reserves of less than 100% constitute fraud on the part of banks and should be illegal, and that full-reserve banking would eliminate the risk of bank runs.[10][11] Jesús Huerta de Soto, another economist of the Austrian school, has also strongly argued in favor of full-reserve banking and the outlawing of fractional reserve banking.[12]

The 2008 financial crisis has led to renewed interest in full reserve banking and sovereign money issued by a central bank. Monetary reformers point out that fractional reserve banking leads to unpayable debt, growing inequality, inevitable bankruptcies, and an imperative for perpetual and unsustainable economic growth.[13] Martin Wolf, chief economist at the Financial Times, endorsed full reserve banking, saying "it would bring huge advantages". -

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I've no idea who RonnieBird is, but he does seem rather familiar! He could even be my doppelganger
    This is totally insane and mystifying.
    I don’t know whether it’s a special thing which effects Cardiff City fans but I joined another ccfc forum and for ages people kept accusing me of being a previous member under a false I.D
    Now this one has gone still further because the bloke I’m supposed to be is actually encouraging it !
    I don’t know what to say really- I’ve invited the moderator ( I presume there is one) to check my I.P and location but it’s quite perplexing.

In my limited time here so far I was quite enjoying the conversation and I hope it’s not going to be spoiled.

No idea why Bales Wales would post this stuff unless he thinks one of his “enemies “ has created the id to take the piss or something
    ???

I can only repeat that I joined the other day and before that I’d never even read the threads here or actually known that it existed

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    At what point do you think he lost it? "banks"? Surely no further than "100% reserve ratio"?
    I ignored what was in the brackets, and was cheering Organ on up to and including 'massive housebuilding programme'.

Ronnie Bird.
    Thank you. So true.
    This is why I started the BBC Remain thread.
    It's coming to a messy end and we Britain will be blamed. But hey ho. Man up. We will prevail in trade.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Ronnie Bird.
    Thank you. So true.
    It's coming to a messy end and we Britain will be blamed. But hey ho. Man up. We will prevail in trade.
    Weatherspoons happy hour started early today has it?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Weatherspoons happy hour started early today has it?
    I'm on the Macon Lugny at lunch but stone cold. I can get back to you at 7 tonight. 😂

I ignored what was in the brackets, and was cheering Organ on up to and including 'massive housebuilding programme'.
    2001, UK population - 58 million (2001 Census), today, UK population - 67 million (ONS estimate). Unless you contend that enough new abodes have been built during that span - and I'd love to see you try to make that case - to accommodate 9 million extra people then throwing up masses of new homes is what's required. Tacking on half a million residents on average each year requires adding a new city the size of Liverpool just to stand still. Without knowing, I'd wager the only building programme that has kept pace with the upsurge was the construction of mosques.

Sterling up today but no big story on BBC Remain. Odd that.

Sterling up today but no big story on BBC Remain. Odd that.
    For someone so pro remain they don't half give Farage a lot of airtime

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Oh for the love of God. Give it a bloody rest.

Well, here's a real life test of people's ability to decide what is true and what is false !

Entirely unexpected from my point of view, and I have had no part in contriving it, but the question has arisen as to whether I am a genuine new member who's never posted here before, or an old hand who is playing some kind of puerile game.
    It's a side issue and I must again emphasise not one of my making, but it's an ideal opportunity for everyone to display their level of judgement !

You've cast your vote, by the way so I know where you stand on that scale.

Here's the challenge then - is the suggestion that I'm a duplicate identity true or is it nonsense ?

I know the truth, and I know that at least one other person here does too, so you should be able to work that out quite easily.

I shall repeat that it's not true, because I don't want to get banned for something I haven't done, but I'd love to hear the opinions about it.

Too fresh to be an old timer.
    I'm regarded as a nut job here. But I've many friends at the games.
    You are a newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    2001, UK population - 58 million (2001 Census), today, UK population - 67 million (ONS estimate). Unless you contend that enough new abodes have been built during that span - and I'd love to see you try to make that case - to accommodate 9 million extra people then throwing up masses of new homes is what's required. Tacking on half a million residents on average each year requires adding a new city the size of Liverpool just to stand still. Without knowing, I'd wager the only building programme that has kept pace with the upsurge was the construction of mosques.
    Eh? I was agreeing with you that we need a massive housebuilding programme. Calm down or I'll give Sludge a ring.

Duplicate - ignore.

Ronnie Bird.
    Thank you. So true.
    You're welcome

Duplicate - ignore.
    Another doppelganger?

Eh? I was agreeing with you that we need a massive housebuilding programme. Calm down or I'll give Sludge a ring.
    What we drastically need is a massive reduction in net migration.

Our infrastructure can't cope.

The massive increase in homeless would easily be accommodated if we had not allowed 'so many' economic immigrants to come here.

Our schools, GP surgeries, hospitals, benefits system, available housing and so much more are all buckling under the strain of massively excessive population increases.

This is totally insane and mystifying.
    I don’t know whether it’s a special thing which effects Cardiff City fans but I joined another ccfc forum and for ages people kept accusing me of being a previous member under a false I.D
    Now this one has gone still further because the bloke I’m supposed to be is actually encouraging it !
    I don’t know what to say really- I’ve invited the moderator ( I presume there is one) to check my I.P and location but it’s quite perplexing.

In my limited time here so far I was quite enjoying the conversation and I hope it’s not going to be spoiled.

No idea why Bales Wales would post this stuff unless he thinks one of his “enemies “ has created the id to take the piss or something
    ???

I can only repeat that I joined the other day and before that I’d never even read the threads here or actually known that it existed
    I'm just winding up a few of the usual suspects on here, and taking advantage of their gullibility. It's only a bit of fun, nothing sinister. Welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    What we drastically need is a massive reduction in net migration.

Our infrastructure can't cope.

The massive increase in homeless would easily be accommodated if we had not allowed 'so many' economic immigrants to come here.

Our schools, GP surgeries, hospitals, benefits system, available housing and so much more are all buckling under the strain of massively excessive population increases.
    Bet migration to the U.K. is under 250,00 a year. If that’s enough to affect our infrastructure we really are ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm just winding up a few of the usual suspects on here, and taking advantage of their gullibility. It's only a bit of fun, nothing sinister. Welcome to the forum

Oh no I didn't mind. Actually I thought it was brilliant when you took it up in that way and fed the paranoia !
    - you know they'll refuse to let it go though don't you ?

Oh no I didn't mind. Actually I thought it was brilliant when you took it up in that way and fed the paranoia !
    Fair play, this has gone full circle and is now hilarious.

Jesus ****ing wept...