+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BBC Remain

Re: BBC Remain

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Seriously don't bother, it's not worth your time.
    In the last 12 months, I've responded to him twice or maybe three times. It's far better not to encourage him and makes the site much more pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    The number of people employed in manufacturing in the U.K. is at its highest level since September 2008.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/emp...a01jun2019.xls

Click on tab 6 and the numbers employed in each sector are tabulated.
    Barely an increase. Go back on tab 6. 4 million less in manufacturing since 1978. The sector's downward trend in employment continues. We import too many components which are now more expensive as a result of the post Brexit decline in the value if the £. Good luck to anyone manufacturing in the UK, using UK only components, selling overseas and wholly UK-owned. Sadly, not sufficient companies of that ilk.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    In the last 12 months, I've responded to him twice or maybe three times. It's far better not to encourage him and makes the site much more pleasant.
    You'll never get a straight or coherent answer anyway, it's a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You don't respond cos I whipped your arse, and you've been exposed as being an incompetent propagandist. The sad part is you don't even realise it!

How many people on here remember what Wales was like between the mines and steelworks closing and the Maastricht Treaty? It was grim. Wales has done very well from the EU. I can't understand why anyone living there what want to return to a centralized Tory government led by Cameron, May and now ****ing Boris Johnson controlling the purse strings.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How many people on here remember what Wales was like between the mines and steelworks closing and the Maastricht Treaty? It was grim. Wales has done very well from the EU. I can't understand why anyone living there what want to return to a centralized Tory government led by Cameron, May and now ****ing Boris Johnson controlling the purse strings.
    They can be voted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You don't respond cos I whipped your arse, and you've been exposed as being an incompetent propagandist. The sad part is you don't even realise it!
    Imagine writing this in complete seriousness. Go get some fresh air ffs

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Imagine writing this in complete seriousness. Go get some fresh air ffs
    There's nothing like a dose of truth to clear the air

They can be voted out.
    When the damage is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Why would you want to go to Barcelona when you can go to sunny Skegness?

We also have to actually make stuff for any of this to work. We don't.
    It was my first thought the day after brexit.

'thank ****, now the pound will crash and I can secure the kind of life i have always dreamed of, working in a sweat shop making t-shirts for people from Taiwan'

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Well that's the idea.
    The EU effectively allocated economic activity in different member countries in order to make it difficult for any one country to manage on its own.

Germany got the engineering, France got agriculture and we're supposed to cut each other's hair and deliver pizzas to each other.

We've lost the confidence and ability to do a lot of stuff during the EU period, but it can soon return. What can immediately happen is that Agriculture and the fishing industries can flourish without the constraints of EU policies, as will the secondary economic activities around them.

Let's not forget that our own home market for goods is a considerable one and the sooner we re establish manufacturing the sooner we can profit from that, and at the same time slow the outward flow of money from our economy.

The very first thing we should do after leaving is to encourage people to buy British and help British industry to fulfill that demand.
    If the German led power bloc known as the EU want to exclude themselves from a marketplace of sixty million people in their latest historical attempt to dominate Europe , well then so be it, and we must exploit that market place.

Our current politicians are weak and unused to the running of an independent nation so they doubt their ability to do so, and conversely the Germans have forgotten apparently that we might occasionally fail to cringe before their attempts to bully us into submission.

Shut the messageboard down, its peaked, its never getting better than this

When the damage is done.
    The damage was done over many years by EU, Labour and Conservative politicians. We need to reinvent ourselves, a fresh start with a new approach is what is required.

The damage was done by EU, Labour and Conservative politicians. We need to reinvent ourselves with a fresh start and a new approach.
    OnLy NiGe CaN sAvE uS

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    OnLy NiGe CaN sAvE uS
    You are totally lacking in confidence, and are reliant on a bunch of charlatans to control your destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Barely an increase. Go back on tab 6. 4 million less in manufacturing since 1978. The sector's downward trend in employment continues. We import too many components which are now more expensive as a result of the post Brexit decline in the value if the £. Good luck to anyone manufacturing in the UK, using UK only components, selling overseas and wholly UK-owned. Sadly, not sufficient companies of that ilk.
    I was merely pointing out that since the Brexit referendum, manufacturing employment has increased in the U.K.

You have pointed out that since the U.K.’s accession to the EEC/EU manufacturing employment has been reduced by nearly two thirds. Do you still believe that the our membership of the EU is good for manufacturing?

I was merely pointing out that since the Brexit referendum, manufacturing employment has increased in the U.K.

You have pointed out that since the U.K.’s accession to the EEC/EU manufacturing employment has been reduced by nearly two thirds. Do you still believe that the our membership of the EU is good for manufacturing?
    And do you think manufacturing has decreased because we were members of the EU rather than decisions made by our own Government?

Do you think our manufacturing industry is going to thrive after brexit, despite numerous manufacturing companies closing down or relocating because of brexit?

Jesus this messageboard must have the record for clueless people pretending they know what they’re talking about.

You are totally lacking in confidence, and are reliant on a bunch of charlatans to control your destiny.

The biggest one is about to take control of the country after previously writing an article I support of the EU prior to his about face.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    And do you think manufacturing has decreased because we were members of the EU rather than decisions made by our own Government?

Do you think our manufacturing industry is going to thrive after brexit, despite numerous manufacturing companies closing down or relocating because of brexit?
    Why are you so terrified of a post-brexit Britain?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Jesus this messageboard must have the record for clueless people pretending they know what they’re talking about.
    I can see it's an alien concept to you

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    The biggest one is about to take control of the country after previously writing an article I support of the EU prior to his about face.
    He will also have to survive a general election, which won't be too far away.

Why are you so terrified of a post-brexit Britain?
    Because we're part of a number of institutions through the EU that would have to be replaced without, currently, the skills required and lead by politicians who argue that Ireland can be negotiated in an "implementation period" that wouldn't exist without a deal or that Article 24 can be used if we crash out with a no deal - they don't understand our membership of the EU or don't want us to understand it.

TL:DR Brexit is a massive job and those currently pushing for it, and those wanting to lead it, are incompetent, corrupt or a mixture of the two.

The damage was done over many years by EU, Labour and Conservative politicians. We need to reinvent ourselves, a fresh start with a new approach is what is required.
    Reinvent yourselves? As what? How are you going to be competitive?

International

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Because we're part of a number of institutions through the EU that would have to be replaced without, currently, the skills required and lead by politicians who argue that Ireland can be negotiated in an "implementation period" that wouldn't exist without a deal or that Article 24 can be used if we crash out with a no deal - they don't understand our membership of the EU or don't want us to understand it.

TL:DR Brexit is a massive job and those currently pushing for it, and those wanting to lead it, are incompetent, allegedly corrupt or a mixture of the two.
    Adjusted for you.

Reinvent yourselves? As what? How are you going to be competitive?
    The level of defeatism on here is off the scale.