Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Paterson is not a particularly exhilarating or skilful footballer. However, he's the best at winning flick ons and headers as a forward that we have at the club. He is capable of moments of quality in front of goal, such as the superb finish at Derby. His pressing from the front is better than any other forward we have. He's also unorthodox. He also has the best scoring rate of any City player in the Championship since Frazier Campbell.

But he's a right back.......
Barring Josh Murphy, he's also virtually the only member of the first team squad who is just about young enough to say he has potential that could see him develop further as a player.

I would like to see us play a more cultured brand of football and, in lots of ways, Paterson is not a player who will contribute towards that aim, but I can also acknowledge that he definitely brings something to the team when he's in it that makes us a more effective outfit - he's certainly worth a place in the starting line up at this level.

I hope we do see a rejuvenated Lee Tomlin this season, but, for now, it would be Paterson before him every time in the number ten role if I was picking the team.