+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lee Tomlin

Re: lee Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Paterson is not a particularly exhilarating or skilful footballer. However, he's the best at winning flick ons and headers as a forward that we have at the club. He is capable of moments of quality in front of goal, such as the superb finish at Derby. His pressing from the front is better than any other forward we have. He's also unorthodox. He also has the best scoring rate of any City player in the Championship since Frazier Campbell.

But he's a right back.......
    Barring Josh Murphy, he's also virtually the only member of the first team squad who is just about young enough to say he has potential that could see him develop further as a player.

I would like to see us play a more cultured brand of football and, in lots of ways, Paterson is not a player who will contribute towards that aim, but I can also acknowledge that he definitely brings something to the team when he's in it that makes us a more effective outfit - he's certainly worth a place in the starting line up at this level.

I hope we do see a rejuvenated Lee Tomlin this season, but, for now, it would be Paterson before him every time in the number ten role if I was picking the team.

If fit and motivated he will be in the team, possesses a creative ability from a central area that only Reid could compete with.

From his cameo performances I don't doubt his talent but the question will be how much he wants this, how many more chances will he get in the game. No ragrets Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He did, but he has said he changed his entire managerial philosophy just to accommodate Taarabt - he's also said never again.
    Yes he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Paterson is not a particularly exhilarating or skilful footballer. However, he's the best at winning flick ons and headers as a forward that we have at the club. He is capable of moments of quality in front of goal, such as the superb finish at Derby. His pressing from the front is better than any other forward we have. He's also unorthodox. He also has the best scoring rate of any City player in the Championship since Frazier Campbell.

But he's a right back.......
    He's many things but he isn't a right back. He's a worse defender than Fabio.

Tomlin will be a bench player. Can see him playing a part when we need a goal etc.

Neil Always referred to him as a forward rather than a midfielder when he was last in the championship. I just can’t see him being played that often. Especially away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Bobby Decordova-Reid has got to be starting games.
    Big season for Deco, fingers crossed he gets a good start

Tomlin, I'm still very sceptical, but hope he proves me wrong!

Just scored from the spot for the U23's. to put us 1 nil up but hosts equalised immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Just scored from the spot for the U23's. to put us 1 nil up but hosts equalised immediately.
    Looked like he headed straight to the clubhouse when he came off. I hope it wasn't for double chips. Excellent penalty though. Take note Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Looked like he headed straight to the clubhouse when he came off. I hope it wasn't for double chips. Excellent penalty though. Take note Gary.
    Dont you mean take note Gary and Junior ? Madines penalty was actually saved whereas Hoilett missed his. Anyway, that happened a long time ago now and we went up anyway, so whats the point of bringing it up again. Lets look forward, not back.