+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lee Tomlin

lee Tomlin

To All the negative reports on him, think have we got a CLASS creative mid-fielder NO
    Now that Lee looks fit and got himself sorted out, I have seen enough of him to believe that he can play a major part this season
    Why would Neil have payed so much for him, he thought he could turn him around and with help from many people Lee looks the part class is permanent

Re: lee Tomlin

We all hope so, I think he will do well this season.

Quote Originally Posted by blobird View Post
    To All the negative reports on him, think have we got a CLASS creative mid-fielder NO
    Now that Lee looks fit and got himself sorted out, I have seen enough of him to believe that he can play a major part this season
    Why would Neil have payed so much for him, he thought he could turn him around and with help from many people Lee looks the part class is permanent
    I'm hopeful that he can live up to my expectations. But having not seen him play since he lost weight and got his head together. I can't say that I've seen enough. I don't think you can either.

Nope, however we do live in hope.

A sustained run of games will surely show how influential he can be.

He still has a lot to prove but even the doubters are hopeful.

Don’t see him getting the game time under Warnock.

He doesn’t know how to fit a number 10 into his system

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

This.

I see it being Patterson, Reid and Tomlin fighting for one place with Pato winning the majority of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    This.

I see it being Patterson, Reid and Tomlin fighting for one place with Pato winning the majority of minutes.
    And there lies the issue ,does Tomlin pocess the will to fight and win a place as would Patterson if the role was reversed, and when managing that and balancing squad togetherness, what do you choose ,hard working commitment or glimpses of superb skill?

Quote Originally Posted by blobird View Post
    He hasn't kicked a ball since "looking fit", I'm not sure how you can say you've seen enough of him.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

He managed it at QPR with Taarabt pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Des View Post
    He managed it at QPR with Taarabt pretty well
    He did, but he has said he changed his entire managerial philosophy just to accommodate Taarabt - he's also said never again.

I'm going to be very annoyed if Reid's on the bench for most of the season, and Pato's on the pitch in front of him

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He did, but he has said he changed his entire managerial philosophy just to accommodate Taarabt - he's also said never again.
    Going forward I'm kind of hoping that the style we had against Manu will be used more often.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm going to be very annoyed if Reid's on the bench for most of the season, and Pato's on the pitch in front of him
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Going forward I'm kind of hoping that the style we had against Manu will be used more often.
    I know it was against an 'out of sorts' Manchester United, however, there was a vibrancy about our play that afternoon which had often been missing during the season. Surely that positive display would have given our manager food for thought?

I hope that people are wrong about Bobby Reid sitting on the bench because I see him scoring a LOT of goals for us in the Championship. I think his immense talent has been under used although I do understand why that happened in the premiership.
    On the other hand, I would caution anyone about expecting anything much from Lee Tomln - I think he's had lots of chances and whilst I obviously regret it for the club and sympathise greatly with the boy himself I doubt that the leopard is going to change his spots.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I hope that people are wrong about Bobby Reid sitting on the bench because I see him scoring a LOT of goals for us in the Championship. I think his immense talent has been under used although I do understand why that happened in the premiership.
    On the other hand, I would caution anyone about expecting anything much from Lee Tomln - I think he's had lots of chances and whilst I obviously regret it for the club and sympathise greatly with the boy himself I doubt that the leopard is going to change his spots.
    Bobby Decordova-Reid has got to be starting games.

Tomlin hasn't gone on the America tour due to visa issues (Madine too). I'm not bothered about Madine but shame about Tomlin, who has had to go with the U23s.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Tomlin hasn't gone on the America tour due to visa issues (Madine too). I'm not bothered about Madine but shame about Tomlin, who has had to go with the U23s.
    Really? Funny how it's those two.

That's what I thought initially. However, both have had their run-ins with Lily Law in recent times, which could explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Really? Funny how it's those two.
    The two lads with criminal convictions? They won't be allowed to the states with violent crimes.

We need a, squad. Something we didn't have last season So obviously Lee will fit in nicely 😎👍

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I like Reid but can't understand why so many underestimate Paterson he got 10 goals for us last time in championship is a very intelligent player and is as good as anyone in the air where we are so creative.

Paterson went from being our most important player for spells last year and I don't think it's fair he isn't considered an important player.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    That's what I thought initially. However, both have had their run-ins with Lily Law in recent times, which could explain it.
    Fair point. Think it's a nail in the coffin for both though. Who arranged a tour to America? Maybe neither are part of this season's plans so it didn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I like Reid but can't understand why so many underestimate Paterson he got 10 goals for us last time in championship is a very intelligent player and is as good as anyone in the air where we are so creative.

Paterson went from being our most important player for spells last year and I don't think it's fair he isn't considered an important player.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Paterson and I appreciate he's an important squad member, I just think he's a hard working decent player and I'd like to see our more talented exciting players on the pitch at the start of the game. Like Bobby Reid, who scored 21 goals last time he was in the Championship and also looked dangerous in the Premiership when he was given a run

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post

Paterson is not a particularly exhilarating or skilful footballer. However, he's the best at winning flick ons and headers as a forward that we have at the club. He is capable of moments of quality in front of goal, such as the superb finish at Derby. His pressing from the front is better than any other forward we have. He's also unorthodox. He also has the best scoring rate of any City player in the Championship since Frazier Campbell.

But he's a right back.......