+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: They are going to nobble Boris

Re: They are going to nobble Boris

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Did you watch your boy get annihilated by Andrew Neil tonight?
    Just watched it
    He doesn’t do himself any favours. His answer to the British Ambassador question was appaling

His "You didn't know whether it was a paragraph or an article" reposte was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Who are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    His "You didn't know whether it was a paragraph or an article" reposte was superb.
    I think it’s fair to say this is straw clutching.....

International

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Living is easy with eyes closed misunderstanding all you see.
    Its getting hard to be someone but it all works out.......

International

A BBC commentator on the 6 PM news last night, whilst talking about the US Ambassador problem referred to him as Sir Boris. Do you think he knows something? lol

The "paragraph or article" line is a great example of style over substance. Johnson has based his campaign on the GATT thing for some weeks, and when pushed on it he reveals that he doesn't know what it involves (this is the man who'll be leading the country), and that glib a-ha! line is the equivalent of someone on here picking on a grammar typo. That people are buying it is a sad indictment that the UK is going down the US road of buying into a charismatic but vacuous leader.

And before any silly BBC Remain comments are made, Andrew Neill is far more committed to Brexit than Johnson has ever or will ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The "paragraph or article" line is a great example of style over substance. Johnson has based his campaign on the GATT thing for some weeks, and when pushed on it he reveals that he doesn't know what it involves (this is the man who'll be leading the country), and that glib a-ha! line is the equivalent of someone on here picking on a grammar typo. That people are buying it is a sad indictment that the UK is going down the US road of buying into a charismatic but vacuous leader.

And before any silly BBC Remain comments are made, Andrew Neill is far more committed to Brexit than Johnson has ever or will ever be.
    "Charismatic"? I don't get it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "Charismatic"? I don't get it myself.
    Neither of them are my cup of tea, but they are charismatic. May, for example, isn't

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Neither of them are my cup of tea, but they are charismatic. May, for example, isn't
    1. A compelling charm which inspires devotion in others.
    2. A charismatic person attracts, influences, and inspires people by their personal qualities.
    3. The powerful personal quality that some people have to attract and impress other people

Boris Johnson was heckled at a Tory hustings within the past week with being told to answer the question. He's losing creditability each time he appears before an audience, especially where there is an interviewer who doesn't allow him to escape difficult questions with a non-relevant reference to ancient history.

Not sure anyone would ever try to say Hunt or May have charisma.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    I'm so glad I bury my head in the sand, don't read newspapers, don't watch news bulletins and therefore have no idea what you are talking about.... and I prefer it that way.
    I watch the news and read the papers and I don’t know what he is on about either.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I love the way that in the mind of this poster Boris Johnson isn’t establishment😂
    what is the establishment , can you get an application form posted on the board is Uncle Corbyn part of that Establishment .

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I watch the news and read the papers and I don’t know what he is on about either.
    You've inadvertently just explained why

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    what is the establishment , can you get an application form posted on the board is Uncle Corbyn part of that Establishment .