+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Homeless World Cup

Homeless World Cup

Sorry if there's been a thread on this before but anyone planning on attending?

https://twitter.com/homelesswrldcup

Re: Homeless World Cup

Certainly not.
    This is nothing more than a shameless gimmick created by people who want to be able to throw coins at players and get away with it .

Thanks for the input Wales-Bales

Yeh, back in Cardiff during the opening weekend so hoping to catch a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Sorry if there's been a thread on this before but anyone planning on attending?

https://twitter.com/homelesswrldcup
    I will be there every day, but have to declare an interest.

For years Street Football Wales, of which I am chair, have been trying to bring the tournament here to Wales. Thanks to a lot of effort by a lot of people, including a huge input from actor Michael Sheen , this is now happening.

As of this afternoon there will be 44 men’s teams and 15 ladies teams taking part, representing countries from all over the world. SFW has been successful in getting hundreds of people out of homelessness and other social exclusion areas and the aim of the tournament is to raise awareness of the homelessness issue and help find long term solutions.

As well as the week long football tournament there will be some well known music acts performing on stage as well as debates and discussions to raise awareness.

Admission to the event is free and it has been funded without the need for public money.

Thanks for the input Wales-Bales
    Yeah, but you're wrong

Twitter is currently broken. May I ask if anyone can post the link to the schedule? Hopefully it will be a fantastic success.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    I will be there every day, but have to declare an interest.

For years Street Football Wales, of which I am chair, have been trying to bring the tournament here to Wales. Thanks to a lot of effort by a lot of people, including a huge input from actor Michael Sheen , this is now happening.

As of this afternoon there will be 44 men’s teams and 15 ladies teams taking part, representing countries from all over the world. SFW has been successful in getting hundreds of people out of homelessness and other social exclusion areas and the aim of the tournament is to raise awareness of the homelessness issue and help find long term solutions.

As well as the week long football tournament there will be some well known music acts performing on stage as well as debates and discussions to raise awareness.

Admission to the event is free and it has been funded without the need for public money.
    Nice work.