+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alt Accounts

Re: Alt Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Ah but were they from the same IP address?
    Prove beyond a doubt that Wales-Bales isn't a phoney. If only there were a piece of software that could make it easy. What would you call such a thing? A Cyber Personal Web? Nah, too clunky. Someone could probably make some money from something like that.

Blog Entries

Reply to the post not the poster. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I've never understood why the use of 'alts' should be an issue.

This is a list of some of my favourite authors: Alexander Kent, C S Forester, Ed McBain, James Herriot and John Le Carre.

Guess what they all have in common!

I've never read any criticism of why Cecil Smith et al used nom de plumes.

So why have some authors adopted other name(s)?

One of the main reasons is because they are writing in a different genre - Douglas Reeman wrote books from WW2; Alexander Kent from early 19thC. So a poster may want to present a different personna for different types of posts (ie posting Photoshop images)

Sometimes sales have been slow and publishers suggest a change of name might help future sales as that could break any association with poor books in the mind of readers. Thus a poster may have an unfortunate rep and in order to be better accepted, he/she changes their name.

It's not as if a posters first name is their own......
    Did Douglas Reeman and Arthur Kent get into written discussions with one another?

People can do what they want, it's just a bit odd when they start having conversations with themselves on a forum.

This is a list of some of my favourite authors: Alexander Kent, C S Forester, Ed McBain, James Herriot and John Le Carre.

Guess what they all have in common!

I've never read any criticism of why Cecil Smith et al used nom de plumes.

So why have some authors adopted other name(s)?

One of the main reasons is because they are writing in a different genre - Douglas Reeman wrote books from WW2; Alexander Kent from early 19thC. So a poster may want to present a different personna for different types of posts (ie posting Photoshop images)

Sometimes sales have been slow and publishers suggest a change of name might help future sales as that could break any association with poor books in the mind of readers. Thus a poster may have an unfortunate rep and in order to be better accepted, he/she changes their name.

It's not as if a posters first name is their own......
    It's like as if those authors released books under a pseudonym saying how good their other pseudonym's book is

It's not an issue, someone is being called out for saying his alt was right about things, because he's a dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    People can do what they want, it's just a bit odd when they start having conversations with themselves on a forum.
    I think that there's some lonely people on here, or retired -unemployed and bored shitless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Cyclops has got more accounts than Cardiff City have season ticket holders.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I'm not doubting you, but how do you know that? is it simple to find out?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm not doubting you, but how do you know that? is it simple to find out?
    It’s common knowledge

It’s common knowledge
    I'm always the last to know...

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Axe to grind You can have me on ignore if you want, why would it bother me?

But you did say you had another ccmb account that no one has noticed. So if it's not HH, who is it?
    None of your business. It was set up years ago for when JRH was suspended. I rarely post on one account let alone two and certainly don’t talk to myself on multiple accounts. I’m not Roathy.

Do you really think I’d need another account to be abusive and say things I wouldn’t say on the JRH account?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Did Douglas Reeman and Arthur Kent get into written discussions with one another?
    I think they probably did.

Who is Arthur Kent?

Expect huge swathes of empty seats and hoots of derisive laughter when City home attendances are announced next season.

Almost a case of the pot calling the kettle black, I'd say.

This is hilarious because I'm absolutely not Wales Bales or anyone else except me.

I'm perfectly genuine and yet it seems that some people are so clever in their deductions that they've met themselves on the way coming back !

I can't say anything else on the matter except that I've invited the moderators to check it out.

I wonder whether these people will apologise when the penny finally drops ?

This is hilarious because I'm absolutely not Wales Bales or anyone else except me.

I'm perfectly genuine and yet it seems that some people are so clever in their deductions that they've met themselves on the way coming back !

I can't say anything else on the matter except that I've invited the moderators to check it out.

I wonder whether these people will apologise when the penny finally drops ?

Please ignore the above post my phone is playing up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Reply to the post not the poster. 😊
    Yep, you can never kill an idea

I'm Wales-Bales.

There was a 'high profile' fan who was posting under 2 accounts during the rebrand furore. Very disappointing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yep, you can never kill an idea

It's always been the same, have a high post count and you are a saddo for being on here a lot, come on here with your 2 posts and get involved and it's "who the hell are you?"

Has Cedric been on recently?

Would posters who have multiple accounts not need multiple email addresses?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Would posters who have multiple accounts not need multiple email addresses?
    I don't think that would be a problem since you can quickly create another e-mail.
    It'd be possible to disguise or misrepresent your IP address too in fairness, probably by using a VPN, but I doubt whether anyone would go that far.
    I'm not using a vpn though , which would be detectable, and I keep inviting anyone to check my IP address , upon which they'd discover I'm a long way from Cardiff.

Whilst this whole thing is MENTAL , I now find myself trying to think of ways to prove that I'm not some bloke I've never met or indeed heard of before I signed up to the paranoid forum.

I hope that all these people will apologise when they eventually realise they're talking bollocks.