+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Transfer dealings so far. All a bit underwhelming

Transfer dealings so far. All a bit underwhelming

Am I the only one a bit disappointed with the business done by the club up to now?

We are little over 3 weeks from the start of the season and it looks as though we are no nearer a striker or midfielder to improves us than we were in mid May.

Throw in the US tour and a big part of me thinks that we will almost definitely go into the season with what we have currently. The only saving grace appears to be that the rest of the Championship have been as lax, if not moreso.

Dn't get me wrong I am happy with Vaulks but the other two signings are little more than back up for positions we are already pretty strong in.

Re: Transfer dealings so far. All a bit underwhelming

I'm quite happy with what we've done so far. Obviously a proven striker and some young defenders would be nice, but goal scorers and young quality come at a price. Anyway, the window is not closed yet.

Transfer window closes on the 8th, no need to panic yet.

The three so far are solid additions in gaps that needed filling. Still time yet to get a few more in.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm quite happy with what we've done so far. Obviously a proven striker and some young defenders would be nice, but goal scorers and young quality come at a price. Anyway, the window is not closed yet.
    Strikers. I am old enough to remember that concept.

Apart from Vaulks it’s very underwhelming but the whole transfer window in general seems to be a bit slow

You should be so lucky. We haven't signed a single player yet.

You can almost hear the cogs whirring around in Tan/Dalman/Choo's heads ..." it's simple, just replace the midfielders we've lost with like-for-like, and surely our manager can win promotion again with a side not dissimilar to one that missed out on Prem. League survival by a couple of points...".

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You should be so lucky. We haven't signed a single player yet.
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Eh?
    You must know by now that I support Reading. I’ve been posting in this messageboard for years.

Looking at what all the other clubs in the championship have bought/loaned/free transfers, nothing/nobody, has made me feel as if I want them here.

Let all the others panic

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You must know by now that I support Reading. I’ve been posting in this messageboard for years.

My two memories of Reading aren't pleasant. One is of a 5-1 hiding and the other is being diverted through the centre by a policeman on horseback due to a smash on the M4.

I feel our squad is stronger than the one that got promoted 2 seasons ago. I think we could do with another midfielder but our defence was solid last time and expect it to be again.

Midfield doesn't look massively strong but it's not how we play.

Wide players are some of the best in the division

I don't see the concern with strikers last time Madine and Zohore massively underachieved and expect they will be at a higher level this time plus we have Reid this time who can hit 20.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Am I the only one a bit disappointed with the business done by the club up to now?

We are little over 3 weeks from the start of the season and it looks as though we are no nearer a striker or midfielder to improves us than we were in mid May.

Throw in the US tour and a big part of me thinks that we will almost definitely go into the season with what we have currently. The only saving grace appears to be that the rest of the Championship have been as lax, if not moreso.

Dn't get me wrong I am happy with Vaulks but the other two signings are little more than back up for positions we are already pretty strong in.
    We did our business super early for this season, £25 million, 3 decent players and Vaulks now who I rate more than Gunnarsson, the only player different to the 90 points team from 2 years ago....

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

My two memories of Reading aren't pleasant. One is of a 5-1 hiding and the other is being diverted through the centre by a policeman on horseback due to a smash on the M4.
    The 5-1 must have been in 2005/6

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Strikers. I am old enough to remember that concept.
    Are they the ones who win the headers?