+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bridgend Town Centre

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bridgend Town Centre

I’ve lived in Bridgend for 25 years and kind of like the place!
    It’s a fairly well to do place on the whole, new developments around brackla, broadlands, coity, couchurch and lalesten all these areas are nice working/middle class areas. Good schools as mentioned. 10 minutes drive from ogmore-by-sea and 10 minute drive into porthcawl. I live about 1 mike away from mcarthur glen so do all my shopping there

Good golf clubs (ideal for me) and the top end of town by the tennis club/ newbridge fields has some good pubs full of Cardiff city fans.

I work in the US but honestly enjoy going
    back home

It's really sad when locals lose love for their town and stop looking after it. So much litter left on the streets everywhere.

It sounds very much like Newport, it's a massive shame as high streets are struggling enough without having to put people off. I for one wouldn't take my kids into the town centre .

Businesses are struggling because less people are visiting because of events like this.

Maybe the people enjoy their lives, once you get past the acceptance of not giving a shit and leaving your integrity at the door you are not working and spending time with friends

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    It sounds very much like Newport, it's a massive shame as high streets are struggling enough without having to put people off. I for one wouldn't take my kids into the town centre .

Businesses are struggling because less people are visiting because of events like this.

Maybe the people enjoy their lives, once you get past the acceptance of not giving a shit and leaving your integrity at the door you are not working and spending time with friends
    Doesn't that behaviour just create a cycle though? Day drinkers, families not wanting to go into town, local businesses struggling and/or failing, greater unemployment, day drinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Doesn't that behaviour just create a cycle though? Day drinkers, families not wanting to go into town, local businesses struggling and/or failing, greater unemployment, day drinkers.
    Yes of course but the op asked wondered what had gone wrong in their life to be so sad, but ultimately what one person finds sad another finds enjoyment.

There's a big problem In lots of town centres I don't know what the answers are but ultimately it's up to local councils to work on and provide a solution. The businesses should be putting pressure on the council's to change something

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Yes of course but the op asked wondered what had gone wrong in their life to be so sad, but ultimately what one person finds sad another finds enjoyment.

There's a big problem In lots of town centres I don't know what the answers are but ultimately it's up to local councils to work on and provide a solution. The businesses should be putting pressure on the council's to change something
    The answer is to convert all the empty commercial properties into nice homes! Most people now shop out of town because of free parking and the convenience but if more people lived in the Town centres there would be more custom for the local shops?
    I live in Laleston but rarely go to the Town centre nowadays because It’s unfortunately become a dump but outside town there are some outstanding areas as previously described.