+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wimbledon semi Nadal v Federer

Wimbledon semi Nadal v Federer

Can't remember a thread this year on the world's greatest tennis tournament for some reason, is anyone interested?

An absolute classic coming up later, the winner more than likely taking on world number 1 Djokovic on Sunday.
    I say that but Djok's opponent has just won the second set to make it 1 set all and showing a lorra lorr-Agut-s ()

My preference, only just, would be the majestic Roger but Rafa is such a fighter and, like his partner a living legend, that I'm not too bothered who wins.

Funny that although this would be the dream final, it's been so long since they last played each other something like 11 years, I can really get behind the winner on Sunday. Not sure why but Djokovic doesn't do it for me. He does seem like a decent bloke though.

I will go for a Novak v Roger final and the latter coming through in five.

Re: Wimbledon semi Nadal v Federer

[QUOTE=MacAdder;4986155]Can't remember a thread this year on the world's greatest tennis tournament for some reason, is anyone interested?

Not me but then again I'm not a middle aged middle class hormonal woman or a dickhead with a stupid hat who thinks he's funny when he shouts 'come on Tim'

If I see the crowd I imagine that dickhead who follows Bristol City Jurssey is in there

Its up there with snooker in the boredom stakes for me but I do appreciate that it has an audience - so does Mrs Browns boys and Love Island but not for me.

Federer takes the first set on a tie break.

[QUOTE=binman;4986168]
    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Can't remember a thread this year on the world's greatest tennis tournament for some reason, is anyone interested?

Not me but then again I'm not a middle aged middle class hormonal woman or a dickhead with a stupid hat who thinks he's funny when he shouts 'come on Tim'

If I see the crowd I imagine that dickhead who follows Bristol City Jurssey is in there

Its up there with snooker in the boredom stakes for me but I do appreciate that it has an audience - so does Mrs Browns boys and Love Island but not for me.
    On the fence then?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Federer takes the first set on a tie break.
    Currently listening hoping to watch from 3rd set onwards.

Watching those two play against each other is superb viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Watching those two play against each other is superb viewing.
    thank fk for that , one less grunter in the finals.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

An absolute classic coming up later, the winner more than likely taking on world number 1 Djokovic on Sunday.
    I say that but Djok's opponent has just won the second set to make it 1 set all and showing a lorra lorr-Agut-s ()

My preference, only just, would be the majestic Roger but Rafa is such a fighter and, like his partner a living legend, that I'm not too bothered who wins.

Funny that although this would be the dream final, it's been so long since they last played each other something like 11 years, I can really get behind the winner on Sunday. Not sure why but Djokovic doesn't do it for me. He does seem like a decent bloke thoug

I will go for a Novak v Roger final and the latter coming through in five.
    Not that much of a tennis man but what Federer continues to do defies sporting logic.

Is there an argument that he is the greatest ever sportsman.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Not that much of a tennis man but what Federer continues to do defies sporting logic.

Of course there is an argument. But I doubt many would go for him considering the many other contenders.

There would probably be an argument about whether he is the greatest ever tennis player. Maybe an argument that Federer fans would win - but still an argument.

A great player.

Probably the toughest individual sport, the fitness is unreal & if you’re at the top, the matches & tournaments come thick and fast. Amazing sportsmen & women.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post

Yes.

Never fail to impress me the longevity the three of them have had. Every now and then players along who think they can get ahead of them but it doesn't happen.

Such a great era for tennis, Serena Williams still doing the business also.

It's bloody impressive.

This is the golden era in men’s tennis imo. Federer, Nadal and Djokovic are all time greats. It’s impossible to say that Federer is the greatest ever because either of the other two could still end up with more Grand Slam titles than him.

Watching last night was viewing tennis at a higher level than anything else in this tournament. Both players were astonishing.

This final is turning into an absolute classic.
    Federer just taken it into a fifth set.
    High quality stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    This is the golden era in men’s tennis imo. Federer, Nadal and Djokovic are all time greats. It’s impossible to say that Federer is the greatest ever because either of the other two could still end up with more Grand Slam titles than him.

Watching last night was viewing tennis at a higher level than anything else in this tournament. Both players were astonishing.
    Even if one of them does win more Grand Slams neither has the style of Federer.

In football terms Djokovic would be a West Germany whereas Federer is 1970 Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Even if one of them does win more Grand Slams neither has the style of Federer.

In football terms Djokovic would be a West Germany whereas Federer is 1970 Brazil.
    I'm not much of a tennis fan but IMO Federer is one of the greatest male athletes of my lifetime.

I'm thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't follow tennis much throughout the year but I always make sure I watch the first Wimbledon match and the final.

Amazing game and you always felt if it went to a tie break then Djokovic would be the victor.

Shame there had to be a loser. Unbelievable game.