+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New contract for Sol

Re: New contract for Sol

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Well, thats a different scenario.

I am explaining why I think the scenario put forward by Pedro doesn’t make any sense if that’s ok with you Bill?

As for your scenario that would be absolute madness from the club. He’s nearly 35, has a serious injury, and we’re going to give him 2 more years on top of the year he already has left to run??? Bonkers.
    Plenty of players have done similar things before. As you say, he's coming off a really bad injury and is being given more protection if his come back isn't as good as he hopes. Again, I'm just trying to make sense of the logic because from the outset it doesn't really make a great deal of sense.

Having said all of that, it's Sol Bamba. He's massive and there's no way the club would want him to go under any circumstance.

Re: New contract for Sol

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It doesn’t make sense from Sols point of view. Rip up a 1 year contract for 20k a week to sign 2 years at 15k a week is basically signing the 2nd year for a 50% pay cut. I don’t see him doing that. I can only see the logic in taking a 25% pay cut for 1 year if he’s guaranteed wages for at least another 3, maybe 4 years and then the % he’s losing gets smaller.

Doesn’t make sense from the clubs point of view either IMO. I wouldn’t have offered him any extension until he’s back from injury and got a few games under his belt.

Pushing 35 with a cruciate injury that younger players have struggled to come back from so he’s hardly going to be in demand at the moment. Why the rush to extend the deal?
    I’d contend that if a contract has been agreed/signed then it makes sense to both parties. That’s how negotiated contracts work