I wonder what is going on with these three players. All three not travelled to America, Smithies ends up playing with the youth / under 23 team at Larkhall last night. We paid £3.5m for him and now prefer Joe Day! I know Day will be back up but he's League 1 at best. Surely Smithies must be on his way or has fallen out of favour with Warnock for whatever reason.

No Healey or Connolly in either squad. Connolly was Player off the Season a few years ago and where is he now. Maybe he is injured? Whatever has happened we've heard nothing from the club. Same goes for Healey, good enough for a Premier League squad last year but nowhere to be seen at the moment. Perhaps both are in talks to move elsewhere?

And Brian Murphy? Last I heard we were negotiating a new contract with him. Then we sign Joe Day and play Smithies in the youth team! Not a word from the club on Murphy either., I know he's only a back up 'keeper but he must have left I assume? And if Smithies goes we'll need another 'keeper too.

It's all gone quiet on these players.