+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It's going to be Sunny and 94 Fahrenhiet at 7.00pm in San Antonio this evening...

It's going to be Sunny and 94 Fahrenhiet at 7.00pm in San Antonio this evening...

... that's 34 Celsius in your money, so I hope City have plenty of water and replacements on hand.

Can't help feeling the arrangements at the club sometimes leave something to be desired - the weather, the pitch, 2 players refused entry....

Re: It's going to be Sunny and 94 Fahrenhiet at 7.00pm in San Antonio this evening...

Seems ill-conceived.

Wouldn't be quite so bad if they were on the east coast. But even then, it's a long way to travel to play against lowly opposition in smaller markets. Add to that a six hour time difference. There's not even a direct flight from the UK to San Antonio. They players will be knackered when they get back. I'm surprised NW went for it. Not his style at all.

Re: It's going to be Sunny and 94 Fahrenhiet at 7.00pm in San Antonio this evening...

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Seems ill-conceived.

Wouldn't be quite so bad if they were on the east coast. But even then, it's a long way to travel to play against lowly opposition in smaller markets. Add to that a six hour time difference. There's not even a direct flight from the UK to San Antonio. They players will be knackered when they get back. I'm surprised NW went for it. Not his style at all.
    Maybe he bowed to pressure, and is now teaching them a lesson ,back on the mini bus next year around the Cornish coastline

Seems ill-conceived.

The players flew out direct from Gatwick to Austin on Thursday morning - I was on their flight. It's about a 2 hour drive from there to San Antonio. I don't think conditions will be too bad tonight, the temperature is considerably better when the sun goes down but I don't envy them training during the day in this heat! I imagine they'll play a different team in each half tonight anyway as it's our first game.

Not entirely accurate. Don't forget the 1-1 epic with Forest Green Rovers at 18°c last week.

Seems ill-conceived.

Add to that a 6 hour flight to Edmonton

I see the The Wurzels and Derby are both in Florida for pre-season and are playing each other tonight.

32 degrees currently but a decent warm-up game.

Seems ill-conceived.

Signed-up member NYC?

A1CF9AD4-5C45-40B5-B866-D6EADF5723F0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Of course. I didn't go this weekend though.