+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Smithies

Smithies

I've been very dissapointed not to see this very good goalkeeper feature at all for us, especially after he cost all that money.
    He's been left out of the squad for the USA, so maybe we can take something from that, particularly since the new signing has been included.

There's obviously some big problem here. Does anyone have any idea what's gone wrong ?

Re: Smithies

Looks to me to be a decent keeper who’s chances have been limited due to Etheridge’s form.

He’s in his prime, I could understand it if he wanted to move on to get more starts if Etheridge is staying.

If Etheridge does go, would Smithies be our number 1, or has he been gazumped by the arrival of Joe Day?

QPR fans were gutted to lose him, so its a mystery what’s happened here.

Yeah , it's kind of similar to how we began to wonder what the hidden problem with Lee Tomlin was

Away to gillingham in FA Cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM6hsbvDgOg

On 3:31 Smithies appears to dive out of the way of the shot

Home to Norwich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34OgEr_3Au4

0:50 Smithies lets the ball go through his hands and should save 1st goal

1:37 Smithies fumbles ball and gives away a penalty trying to atone for mistake luckily he was saved by an offside decision

2:15 Smithies is extremely slow across his goal in trying to keep out ball

3rd goal is not his fault.

He has an extremely good reputation, Seaman rated him the best keeper outside the Premier League. He didn't bring that form to Cardiff for whatever reason and Warnock obviously doesn't believe he can cover Etheridge and based on the very limited game time he was allowed you can hardly blame him.

Watched that - yes a couple of **** ups, but surely not enough to write him off after his many great games for QPR. ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I've been very dissapointed not to see this very good goalkeeper feature at all for us, especially after he cost all that money.
    He's been left out of the squad for the USA, so maybe we can take something from that, particularly since the new signing has been included.

There's obviously some big problem here. Does anyone have any idea what's gone wrong ?
    Its simple. Etheridge is better and didn't get any injuries last season. Dont know why you are making such a fuss.