Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Harrngton Jackets?

  1. #1

    Harrngton Jackets?

    Are there any shops in Cardiff that sells the ones with tartan lining?
    Also are there any decent shops for mens clothing there these days?

  2. #2

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    used to have one back in the day . great times

  3. #3

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Are there any shops in Cardiff that sells the ones with tartan lining?
    Also are there any decent shops for mens clothing there these days?


    You could try the estate sale for the Bay City Rollers

  4. #4

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Are there any shops in Cardiff that sells the ones with tartan lining?
    Also are there any decent shops for mens clothing there these days?
    Best jackets ever

  5. #5

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Try www.sloganite.com

    But a retro City one

  6. #6

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Is that the American team we're playing today?

  7. #7

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Is that the American team we're playing today?
    Yeh , San Antonio Harrigntons.

  8. #8

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Are there any shops in Cardiff that sells the ones with tartan lining?
    Also are there any decent shops for mens clothing there these days?
    Try Bargoed market

  9. #9
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    5,990

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    There is a retro clothes store in Cardiff market. The guy that runs it may be able to get you one. He has some good gear in his place.

  10. #10

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    There is a retro clothes store in Cardiff market. The guy that runs it may be able to get you one. He has some good gear in his place.
    THE HOFF shops there

  11. #11

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Saw one for sale somewhere the other day. Could have been on Facebook?

  12. #12

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    The original. Just over 300 notes.

    https://www.baracuta.com/en/shop/out...BwE&Country=US

  13. #13

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I’ve got a cream one I hardly wear, about 120 I think it was. Mojo sell them if it’s still going, mod shop in Wellfield court in roath. The guy is a city fan who owns it, posts here I think now and then

  14. #14

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    I've got 4 of them with tartan lining although they aren't original Harrington - one cream ,one red, one black and a blue one with the City badge on the breast.

    If you don't mind a trip over the bridge, Marcruss store on Anchor Road Bristol always has a range of colours and sizes. Not the City one though

  15. #15

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Got 2 Baracutas. They fetch decent money 2nd hand on EBay but canít part with them even though I havenít worn either for about 10 years.

  16. #16

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Got 2 Baracutas. They fetch decent money 2nd hand on EBay but canít part with them even though I havenít worn either for about 10 years.

    Stuartís , the shop of legends for this type of clothing, does them on mail order.

  17. #17

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Gwyn's upstairs in the market.
    You can also get butterfly collared shirts, tank tops and stay pressed two tone pants

    Edit: i might have made the last bit up.
    The first bit might not be too accurate either

  18. #18

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    used to have one back in the day . great times
    I lived for my black Harry and also my red one. Purchased from Gwyns in Cardiff. Really wanted a dark green one but as rare as hens teeth back in the day.

  19. #19

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Ahhh Gwyn's,
    Prince of Wales check trousers, Wranglers, Levi's, Sta-prest, Ben Sherman check shirts, Maroon Harringtons', Braces (of course), could you get a Crombie in there?
    I loved that shop on a Saturday morning.
    Couldn't afford any of it but went anyway.

  20. #20

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    I bought my Crombie in Gwyns.
    What was the name of the shop he had just outside the market next to the market tavern?

  21. #21

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Ahhh Gwyn's,
    Prince of Wales check trousers, Wranglers, Levi's, Sta-prest, Ben Sherman check shirts, Maroon Harringtons', Braces (of course), could you get a Crombie in there?
    I loved that shop on a Saturday morning.
    Couldn't afford any of it but went anyway.
    When you think back, Gwyn's must have been raking in the money over the years. Who hasn't bought something from that shop at some time in their life? He must have clothed half of Cardiff and the valleys! And yet the stall wasn't that big, so I would imagine the rent wasn't that high. Fair play though, he had his finger on the pulse and knew exactly what the 'in' thing was at the time.

    I bought my first pair of Wrangler jeans from there, as well as a pair of Major Domo boots (Dr Marten's were a little out of my price range ). As you said.. great place to go on a Saturday morning!

  22. #22

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I bought my Crombie in Gwyns.
    What was the name of the shop he had just outside the market next to the market tavern?
    Was it Alfred Gwyns ?

  23. #23

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Was it Alfred Gwyns ?
    I think it was G Alfred, next to the New Market Tavern (old Gwyns) where the 'G' was Gwyn. Bigger shop with more exposure.

    Spent a lot if time wandering up and down Gwyns in the market prepping my wish list for Christmas and birthday.

  24. #24

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Got 2 Baracutas. They fetch decent money 2nd hand on EBay but can’t part with them even though I haven’t worn either for about 10 years.
    200 quid easily there.

  25. #25

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I think it was G Alfred, next to the New Market Tavern (old Gwyns) where the 'G' was Gwyn. Bigger shop with more exposure.

    Spent a lot if time wandering up and down Gwyns in the market prepping my wish list for Christmas and birthday.
    That was it 👍

  26. #26

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Are there any shops in Cardiff that sells the ones with tartan lining?
    Also are there any decent shops for mens clothing there these days?
    I got mine from harringtonjacketshop.co.uk
    They do a range of colours from £23.99

  27. #27
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    5,990

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by CF23 Bluebird View Post
    I got mine from harringtonjacketshop.co.uk
    They do a range of colours from £23.99
    Brilliant. Why didn't anyone google it before? It's normally the first thing people on here do. (specially if they want to prove someone wrong or start and argument.

    You gotta love it.

  28. #28

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    I got mine (tartan inside) from the first floor of the tattoo shop in Castle Arcade; can’t remember the shop’s name and may not be there anymore. They did a great line in Warrior shirts too.

  29. #29

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Brilliant. Why didn't anyone google it before? It's normally the first thing people on here do. (specially if they want to prove someone wrong or start and argument.

    You gotta love it.
    Coz we wouldn't have had this wonderful walk down memory lane had it been googled.
    Blasted interweb!

  30. #30

    Re: Harrngton Jackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by CF23 Bluebird View Post
    I got mine from harringtonjacketshop.co.uk
    They do a range of colours from £23.99
    I got mine from chineseharringtonknockoffs.co.uk
    I paid £9.99 for it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •