+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cricket World cup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cricket World cup

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Apparently the batsman must have crossed at the time the ball left the fielders hand, and they hadn't. A overthrow starts when it leaves the bowlers hand.

Its not a rule i was aware of, i would have thought that as Stoke completed 2 runs on the deflection, and another 4 followed it would be the 6 runs.

[bold] Its also difficult for the umpire to judge that at that moment. [/bold]
    [/QUOTE]

In such an unusual scenario and in such a crucial play he could easily have gone upstairs to check and nobody would have blamed him.

In such an unusual scenario and in such a crucial play he could easily have gone upstairs to check and nobody would have blamed him.[/QUOTE]

The third umpire is watching all the time, and they were all clearly talking for a long time after the issue. I would imagine that all 3 umpires and the players were unaware of the exact ruling on this point.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    In such an unusual scenario and in such a crucial play he could easily have gone upstairs to check and nobody would have blamed him.
    How often does this happen? These are the best 3 officials in the world, it isn't a conspiracy theory. There's no guarantee Stokes doesn't take England home if they need one more to win.