Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
Don't you just love revisionists. Why let facts get in the way of opinion? I'm not knocking you JRH, just want to state some facts.

Let's look at the facts.

Malky Mackay Spending 2012-13 in Champ
- he inherited just 9 players (3 of those were g/kprs).
- he spent under £12m in 2 seasons and got promoted
2011-12: Spent ... £2.84m
Recouped ... £1.93m
Debt ... £0.91m debt
2012-13: Spent ... £13.08m
Recouped ... £1.54m
Debt ... £11.54m

That was a net debt on transfers of £12.45m after inheriting 6 outfield players, gaining promotion in two seasons. Hardly spending badly nor excessive.

City then won the Championship by EIGHT POINTS and a goal difference of PLUS 27.

In the 2013-14 PL season Malky spent £45.82m on transfer fees recouping £3.74m during the season; a debt of £42.08m.

Sunsequently ...
- Caulker was sold for £10.75m
- Medel was sold for £8m
- Mutch was sold for £7.57m
- Brayford was sold for £2.3m

I can't see how it was badly spent if we recouped virtually what we paid for the players.

... thereby recouping £28.62m and making a spend of £13.46m on players Malky signed for the PL campaign.

This makes a net outlay of £25.91m for his two and a half seasons. Not bad when inheriting just 6 outfield players.

Much is written about the Cornelius fiasco despite being injured for 5 of his 6 months at City. The signing of Madine has been far worse considering he's been fit yet hasn't look like scoring a goal for the first team or reserves. Yes, we lost £5m on Cornelius yet no-one says a word about Mutch. Malky signed for him £1.25m yet was sold for 4 times that.

Fees as per: https://www.transfermarkt.com/cardif...ers/verein/603

StT.
<><
Sorry, but what the hell has all that got to do with my post that you’ve quoted?

What have I revised exactly?

I’m talking about Warnock not Malky???