+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Expectations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    My expectation therefore is that we can and must win this league outright and anything less is unacceptable.
    Too right, if we finish 2nd I will personally demand the club refuse promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    😂😂

Ah, but you see ,if you aim for second and something goes wrong, you may finish third or worse.
    Second is a failsafe and nothing more.
    What happens in the future is something which we can neither predict or control, but we must start with an intention in mind or we've lost before a ball has even been kicked.

Ah, but you see ,if you aim for second and something goes wrong, you may finish third or worse.
    Second is a failsafe and nothing more.
    What happens in the future is something which we can neither predict or control, but we must start with an intention in mind or we've lost before a ball has even been kicked.
    That's not what you said though.

Wales Bales would never admit he's wrong, so this is the perfect opportunity for Ronnie to hold his hands up and clear his name at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Wales Bales would never admit he's wrong, so this is the perfect opportunity for Ronnie to hold his hands up and clear his name at the same time.
    Neither would Roathy!

Yes it is.
    In short I suggested that we must have an intent rather than some vague and general hope of scraping in.
    Well you quite rightly implied that it might not quite turn out like that and I agreed with you that an intent isn't the same as a guarantee, but my point remains that we must be grimly determined to come first.

Yes it is.
    In short I suggested that we must have an intent rather than some vague and general hope of scraping in.
    Well you quite rightly implied that it might not quite turn out like that and I agreed with you that an intent isn't the same as a guarantee, but my point remains that we must be grimly determined to come first.
    My expectation therefore is that we can and must win this league outright and anything less is unacceptable.
    That reads as saying finishing in 2nd place is unacceptable, which is why I got a few cheap laughs.