+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Cardiff are in pole position and preparing a bid for the player."

"Cardiff are in pole position and preparing a bid for the player."

Re: "Cardiff are in pole position and preparing a bid for the player."

Very tenuous for me,especially the bit about competing with the jacks.

This is the quality of player we need to be signing.

29 quite old for a mid-fielder.

Quote Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
    why, what do you know about him?
    No more than anyone else really, but I've looked at comments and clips about his career so far and I'm quite impressed . He seems to be consistent and well thought of by various knowledgeable people in France, and it's been claimed there that Mehmet has had his eye on the player for a long time.
    We can see that he can perform at a high level so we wouldn't be gambling that he can step up and my overall impression is that he's got real quality which would be good enough to impress in the Premiership. Of course, I'm only stating my own opinion like anyone else .

Which knowledgable people in France? What have they said?

I genuinely know nothing about this guy.

“Ask anyone in the game, if you want a player from France or a French player, 99 per cent of the time you will have to deal with Willie McKay, or someone like him. If you want to get the job done, then you need the Willie McKays of this world."

Neil Warnock February 2019.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rnock-15807802

If this deal does go ahead, I hope and presume it will be one of the 1 per cent.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    No more than anyone else really, but I've looked at comments and clips about his career so far and I'm quite impressed . He seems to be consistent and well thought of by various knowledgeable people in France, and it's been claimed there that Mehmet has had his eye on the player for a long time.
    We can see that he can perform at a high level so we wouldn't be gambling that he can step up and my overall impression is that he's got real quality which would be good enough to impress in the Premiership. Of course, I'm only stating my own opinion like anyone else .
    Mehmet has has his eye on him? If Mehmet Dalman is scouting our players we have serious, fundamental flaws at the football club.

Either way, he's at 41 here:
    https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...op-Version.pdf

He dropped out of the top 100 in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Mehemt doesn’t scout our targets

I posted a few weeks ago that I would like Cardiff to go in for Peterborough's Marcus Maddison. He's been consistently one of the best central midfielders in League One for the past 4-5 seasons. To put it into perspective in 190 appearances he's racked up 43 goals and 70 assists and can play left and right midfield as well.

League One of course is in no direct competition with Ligue 1 of France, however Maddison is available for 2-2.5m if reports are to be believed and is 4 years younger than Sankharé. For me that on paper looks good, but maybe there's something I am missing as the limited interest in him, only Hull and Sunderland have been quoted chasing his signature, seems to suggest he's not up to the step up to Championship football.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    I posted a few weeks ago that I would like Cardiff to go in for Peterborough's Marcus Maddison. He's been consistently one of the best central midfielders in League One for the past 4-5 seasons. To put it into perspective in 190 appearances he's racked up 43 goals and 70 assists and can play left and right midfield as well.

League One of course is in no direct competition with Ligue 1 of France, however Maddison is available for 2-2.5m if reports are to be believed and is 4 years younger than Sankharé. For me that on paper looks good, but maybe there's something I am missing as the limited interest in him, only Hull and Sunderland have been quoted chasing his signature, seems to suggest he's not up to the step up to Championship football.
    Maddison isn't a centre mid, he's a winger or an attacking midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Maddison isn't a centre mid, he's a winger or an attacking midfielder.
    Fair enough just a player I'm keen on but obviously in direct competition with Reid, Paterson and Tomlin, as well as our wingers. Wouldn't hurt to dip in for him but as I stated previously, interest in him despite his stats on paper is relatively quiet.

For me just hard get behind looking at a player like Sankharé because come September he'll be 30. And as a box to box player where ideally the player needs to be fit and have a good engine... Age is not necessarily friendly to that type of playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Fair enough just a player I'm keen on but obviously in direct competition with Reid, Paterson and Tomlin, as well as our wingers. Wouldn't hurt to dip in for him but as I stated previously, interest in him despite his stats on paper is relatively quiet.

For me just hard get behind looking at a player like Sankharé because come September he'll be 30. And as a box to box player where ideally the player needs to be fit and have a good engine... Age is not necessarily friendly to that type of playing style.
    It's decent but do we need another ten when we have Paterson, Tomlin and Reid? If we've only got a finite pot of money, I'd rather we signed a proper CM and a striker.

It's decent but do we need another ten when we have Paterson, Tomlin and Reid? If we've only got a finite pot of money, I'd rather we signed a proper CM and a striker.
    Absolutely, spot on the money.

BBC now reporting we're "leading the race"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48994906

Quote Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
    ah so you were talking shit then
    Is there really any need to reply like that?

BBC now reporting we're "leading the race"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48994906
    I see he can play left back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not according to Football Manager.

https://www.google.com/search?q=youn...eOxKJnuaPuE3M:

I'm sure he played up front for Poyet for a bit. I fell a tiny bit in love with Bordeaux after the Euros and keep a (very) small eye on them.

He also had a number of weeks out with "beard implant complications"
    https://talksport.com/football/50499...beard-implant/

Mehmet has has his eye on him? If Mehmet Dalman is scouting our players we have serious, fundamental flaws at the football club.

Either way, he's at 41 here:
    https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...op-Version.pdf

He dropped out of the top 100 in 2018.
    I would rather think its been pointed out to Mehmet that he's someone we are interested in,after that he is the man to crunch the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Patterson shitting himself 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Which knowledgable people in France? What have they said?

I genuinely know nothing about this guy.

You genuinely know nothing about a lot of stuff Rudey - manners for a start.

A couple of people I still correspond with at Nantes since you ask, and they said he's a good player basically , although they did say it in French.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Is there really any need to reply like that?

Yeah, thanks, cause I thought that too.
    I was only stating my opinion and passing on what I'd been told.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Mehemt doesn’t scout our targets

I think you'll find that he takes a very active part in that. He watched a lot of players in France for us last year including Emiliano Sala. Obviously Sir Neil has the final say but I think Mehmet hasn't just pursued the manager's nominations but made a few of his own.
    Remember he's in a position to talk money with players and clubs and so he's got a role in the process.

Mehmet scouting a player who plays in a position we already have options for when we need someone in the middle.

Farcical

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Mehmet scouting a player who plays in a position we already have options for when we need someone in the middle.

Farcical
    He's a midfielder is he not?

I'd argue we need midfielders.