+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

God knows what the answer to this is , armed police on every street corner , I used to enjoy going to the grangetown carnival but I hear that area of town is well dodgy at night

Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

Tackle it by making people fear the consequences of being found in possession of one in public by amending the law to introduce a mandatory minimum term of 5 years in clink as it is for firearms today. By doing so it'll remove the element of discretion soft magistrates and judges presently have.

How hard is it not to kill someone? Why are these kids making that very easy thing more difficult for themselves?

Have a read of this if you want some practical measures that have been seen to work https://www.theguardian.com/membersh...g-young-people

I’ve only ever hear bad things about Grangetown yet never see anything more untoward than what you get in Trowbridge, Llanrumney etc. There was a murder in St Mellon’s just last year.
    People intent on causing trouble will do it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    God knows what the answer to this is , armed police on every street corner , I used to enjoy going to the grangetown carnival but I hear that area of town is well dodgy at night
    What knife crime? i know that their have been some isolated incidents but on the whole Cardiff is a very safe place to live. The problems we are seeing are usually drug related and it's the poor attacking the poor, London certainly has a problem and the reaction has been slow by the authorities, add to that a Tory government cutting the **** out of resources, and the fact that these kids are poor and many of them black, if they were white and middle class there'd be absolute outrage and plenty of political posturing...but they're not...

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Tackle it by making people fear the consequences of being found in possession of one in public by amending the law to introduce a mandatory minimum term of 5 years in clink as it is for firearms today. By doing so it'll remove the element of discretion soft magistrates and judges presently have.
    I agree, 5 for carrying a blade, no early release. Cowards the lot of them

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What knife crime? i know that their have been some isolated incidents but on the whole Cardiff is a very safe place to live. The problems we are seeing are usually drug related and it's the poor attacking the poor, London certainly has a problem and the reaction has been slow by the authorities, add to that a Tory government cutting the **** out of resources, and the fact that these kids are poor and many of them black, if they were white and middle class there'd be absolute outrage and plenty of political posturing...but they're not...
    It reminds me of the gang violence that used to plague LA and New York, the police just basicallly let them wipe each other out

Fans of so-called diversity would have a difficult task spinning that programme positively. The reporter, coppers and Barry victim: all white. Everyone else featured: non-white.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It reminds me of the gang violence that used to plague LA and New York, the police just basicallly let them wipe each other out
    Where did you read that?

I was with some city centre police officers last week with work and they were telling me there is a growing knife problem in the city. I couldn't believe it but he said there are several knives a week being taken from mainly gangs of boys either by police or by DS in pubs.

As in most places he said its more of a gang on gang thing rather than random people just going out stabbing each other.

Saw the after effects of a homeless bloke who had suffered a serious head injury in the subway by City hall early this morning. Why is this happening?

Cracked it on one - or two. They're black so it's not their fault, it's the fault of the Tories..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Cracked it on one - or two. They're black so it's not their fault, it's the fault of the Tories..
    You don't see middle class kids killing eachover. I wonder why?

You do. Happened in Hale last year. Case recently held in court and lots of very unhappy people is the outcome.

Fans of so-called diversity would have a difficult task spinning that programme positively. The reporter, coppers and Barry victim: all white. Everyone else featured: non-white.
    I'm struggling to see what you mean by "so called" here, are you saying diversity doesn't exist? Or there should be another word for it? Or something else?

Are some people saying that black people are more dangerous? I’m confused.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I’ve only ever hear bad things about Grangetown yet never see anything more untoward than what you get in Trowbridge, Llanrumney etc. There was a murder in St Mellon’s just last year.
    People intent on causing trouble will do it anywhere.
    Spot on .

Moral responsibility has left the building .

Back in the day if you saw youngsters misbehaving you'd have a go or try to reason with , now you look and wonder which one is likely to knife you in the back and leave it be .

All the politicians and society's fault I'm sure .

You don't see middle class kids killing eachover. I wonder why?
    Lack of:
    Commitment to education
    Decent parenting. Responsibility
    Moral fibre.
    Pride in oneself.
    Everyone's fault but there own.
    Drugs.
    Drink (parents)

There is a bit, guy stabbed to death in g town last summer, another in llanedyern in the day, a few in canton and roath....all drug gang related mind

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Where did you read that?

I didn’t, I watched lots of documentaries back then showing black leaders saying it

Do you think people are naturally criminals just because they aren't white?

Or do you think maybe there are underlying socialogical issues that mean more non white people end up getting caught up in this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I didn’t, I watched lots of documentaries back then showing black leaders saying it
    And also reformed gang members saying no one ever did anything for the areas they lived in such as Compton, south central etc...just full of booze and gun stores, police didn’t really investigate shootings just labelled it as gang and did nothing.....not that they could do much in my opinion, it was more a government and social situ that needed resolving. A crazy waste of life that many old gang members now realise and are educating the young in those areas.....

If caught with a knife (bar reasonable use) then said knife is plunged into a non lethal area of the body. Or preferably cut his nob off, best way to look out for future generations is to not let these sort of people breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    If caught with a knife (bar reasonable use) then said knife is plunged into a non lethal area of the body. Or preferably cut his nob off, best way to look out for future generations is to not let these sort of people breed.
    And that's the kind of country you want to live in?