Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 85 of 85

Thread: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

  1. #61

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You gave a reason why more black people are criminals. It came across as a bit of a lame excuse.
    There are plenty of white criminals and killers all over the world. Doesnít matter what skin colour, or creed, there are no excuses.
    We are talking about knife crime though, people asked why more non white people are doing it. I gave the reason, itís because poor people are more likely to be involved in that sort of crime. Non white people in the US and the U.K. are more likely to be poor.

  2. #62

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Yes there is.

    It's the fault of white people. White people force them to do it. Some black young men have no free will, because of white people.

    If you don't know that you must be a racist 🙄
    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Ah! you clearly fully understand what rudy was saying. Can you explain it to me please in words of 1 syllable because I'm a bit stupid and don't grasp it.
    So lads why do you think more non white people are involved in knife crime?

  3. #63
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,272

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Why ask me. I told you already I'm not interested.
    You do amuse me, you just can't let anything go can you. Even after you realise you're holding a turd.

  4. #64

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Being poor isnít an excuse either. I grew up in Ely in the 60ís/70ís where plenty of folk were relatively poor. We didnít go round stabbing each other though.
    As a parent myself, I know only too well. You can teach your kids right from wrong till your blue in the face, but once they are in the company of friends and other youngsters, then peer pressure can be so persuasive.
    Iíd wager most of the youngsters in the UK/USA (of any colour) involved in knife crime are in gangs merely because itís safer in numbers. Nothing to do with being poor.
    They are brainwashed in a way, and are probably scared to break away from the gang and think for themselves.

  5. #65

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    No one is saying itís an excuse mate, but there has to be a reason for it when statistics like this are seen.

    Why is the percentage of white people on the sex offenders register much higher? Why is there a much bigger number of Pakistani peadophiles? Do you think looking into this reasoning is an excuse ?

  6. #66

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why ask me. I told you already I'm not interested.
    You do amuse me, you just can't let anything go can you. Even after you realise you're holding a turd.
    You were the one who commented again though?

  7. #67

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Kids too scared to lose a fight these days and lose credibility so arm themselves up with something that will end someone's life as well as their own.

    Random searches on the street and an instant 3 years in prison would be my solution but whether the prisons are equipped to deal with the amount of people that would end up inside, I doubt it.

  8. #68

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why ask me. I told you already I'm not interested.
    You do amuse me, you just can't let anything go can you. Even after you realise you're holding a turd.
    Coward, you came in back slapping when you thought someone has a point then go running when someone asks a question about it

  9. #69

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Being poor isn’t an excuse either. I grew up in Ely in the 60’s/70’s where plenty of folk were relatively poor. We didn’t go round stabbing each other though.
    As a parent myself, I know only too well. You can teach your kids right from wrong till your blue in the face, but once they are in the company of friends and other youngsters, then peer pressure can be so persuasive.
    I’d wager most of the youngsters in the UK/USA (of any colour) involved in knife crime are in gangs merely because it’s safer in numbers. Nothing to do with being poor.
    They are brainwashed in a way, and are probably scared to break away from the gang and think for themselves.
    How many rich people do you think are involved in knife crime mate?

    Also are you being deliberately obtuse by saying excuse? No one is saying the people stabbing people aren't bad, but there has to be an underlying reason unless you think non white people are more likely to be violent.

  10. #70

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Being poor isnít an excuse either. I grew up in Ely in the 60ís/70ís where plenty of folk were relatively poor. We didnít go round stabbing each other though.
    As a parent myself, I know only too well. You can teach your kids right from wrong till your blue in the face, but once they are in the company of friends and other youngsters, then peer pressure can be so persuasive.
    Iíd wager most of the youngsters in the UK/USA (of any colour) involved in knife crime are in gangs merely because itís safer in numbers. Nothing to do with being poor.
    They are brainwashed in a way, and are probably scared to break away from the gang and think for themselves.
    It's obviously to do with being poor. It doesn't mean everyone who is poor does knife crime but the huge majority of people who do knife crime are poor.

  11. #71
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,272

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Coward, you came in back slapping when you thought someone has a point then go running when someone asks a question about it
    Not me back slapping. I asked a question. :) . If I replied now he wouldn't be the one who wont let go would he. ? Lol

  12. #72

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    In fairness I agree with what he's saying. People aren't more likely to be violent because they're a different skin colour, it's all about the societal reasons that lead to certain people being more likely to be involved in certain things.

  13. #73
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,272

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    In fairness I agree with what he's saying. People aren't more likely to be violent because they're a different skin colour, it's all about the societal reasons that lead to certain people being more likely to be involved in certain things.
    I never disagreed with him, i only asked a question. lol Only asked if as he says, it is a reaction to society's treatment of them why people them attack members of their own ethnic group and not the ill-treaters. It was actually a genuine question as I know little detail about the subject, but he obviously took it as an attack on his post and instead of giving a reasonable response tried to bite.
    silly bugger. Fecked up an otherwise reasonable thread. But I expect he will see it as me who did that?

  14. #74

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's obviously to do with being poor. It doesn't mean everyone who is poor does knife crime but the huge majority of people who do knife crime are poor.
    Youíll have me in tears soon. Itís nonsense. Letís be blunt for a minute here. The majority of knife related deaths in London, now involve a majority of young black boys/men, who all wear the latest clobber and hoodies, and all have mobile phones.
    Itís a cult/gang/ turf war. Nothing to do with poverty.
    If it was, theyíd be trying to stab the very people (MPís and councillors etc) who are causing it.
    As someone above said, youngsters nowadays donít seem to have the bottle for an old fashioned one on one fist fight. Losing and losing face in front of their mates just ainít on.
    Itís combination of youthful stupidity, false bravado, a lack of moral fibre, a lack of respect for other people, and and an attitude of nobodies dissing me:us or coming on our turf with out getting chibbed.

  15. #75

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Who do you think gets involved in gangs mate? People who have lots of money, a stable upbringing and a good education? Or people who are born into poverty, go to a shit school and are having money troubles at home?

  16. #76

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Youíll have me in tears soon. Itís nonsense. Letís be blunt for a minute here. The majority of knife related deaths in London, now involve a majority of young black boys/men, who all wear the latest clobber and hoodies, and all have mobile phones.
    Itís a cult/gang/ turf war. Nothing to do with poverty.
    If it was, theyíd be trying to stab the very people (MPís and councillors etc) who are causing it.
    As someone above said, youngsters nowadays donít seem to have the bottle for an old fashioned one on one fist fight. Losing and losing face in front of their mates just ainít on.
    Itís combination of youthful stupidity, false bravado, a lack of moral fibre, a lack of respect for other people, and and an attitude of nobodies dissing me:us or coming on our turf with out getting chibbed.
    So do you think black people are more likely to join gangs just because theyíre black then?

  17. #77

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It’s combination of youthful stupidity, false bravado, a lack of moral fibre, a lack of respect for other people, and and an attitude of nobodies dissing me:us or coming on our turf with out getting chibbed.
    But why is it more likely to be non white people then?

  18. #78
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,272

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    So do you think black people are more likely to join gangs just because they’re black then?
    Sadly Ithink that is absolutely correct. I just don't know why.

  19. #79

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Who do you think gets involved in gangs mate? People who have lots of money, a stable upbringing and a good education? Or people who are born into poverty, go to a shit school and are having money troubles at home?
    Iíd say people who get involved in gangs that stab folk, (because plenty of youngsters belong to gangs who donít stab folk), are people of any colour/race, who are involved in drug wars, have no respect for others, like to play the poverty card, think they are above the law, put no importance on life itself, shall I go on?

  20. #80

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Iíd say people who get involved in gangs that stab folk, (because plenty of youngsters belong to gangs who donít stab folk), are people of any colour/race, who are involved in drug wars, have no respect for others, like to play the poverty card, think they are above the law, put no importance on life itself, shall I go on?
    Dont go on you completely miss the point every time. If you canít grasp it after all the explanation youíre a lost cause.

    HŤre are some questions:

    1. Do you think rich people get involved in knife crime
    2. Do you think rich people get involved in the low levels of the drug trade
    3. Do you think rich people join street gangs

  21. #81

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Sadly Ithink that is absolutely correct. I just don't know why.
    I thought you werenít interested?

    So you think black people are more predisposed to join gangs, inspire of upbringing, education or status?

  22. #82

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Being poor isn’t an excuse either. I grew up in Ely in the 60’s/70’s where plenty of folk were relatively poor. We didn’t go round stabbing each other though.
    As a parent myself, I know only too well. You can teach your kids right from wrong till your blue in the face, but once they are in the company of friends and other youngsters, then peer pressure can be so persuasive.
    I’d wager most of the youngsters in the UK/USA (of any colour) involved in knife crime are in gangs merely because it’s safer in numbers. Nothing to do with being poor.
    They are brainwashed in a way, and are probably scared to break away from the gang and think for themselves.
    Just like they were in LA back in the day.....gang belonging and all that guff

  23. #83

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Dont go on you completely miss the point every time. If you canít grasp it after all the explanation youíre a lost cause.

    HŤre are some questions:

    1. Do you think rich people get involved in knife crime
    2. Do you think rich people get involved in the low levels of the drug trade
    3. Do you think rich people join street gangs
    Q1. No. The majority of rich people donít get involved in knife crime, although some do.
    Q2.No. The majority of rich people donít get involved in the low levels of the drug trade, but some do.
    Q3. Yes. Rich people join gangs, but the other members of the gang are also rich.
    Whatís your point?
    If youíre poor, you have a reason to join a gang and stab people?
    Let me ask you a question. How many black families are worse off than white families right now in the UK?

  24. #84

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Who8 do you think gets involved in gangs mate? People who have lots of money, a stable upbringing and a good education? Or people who are born into poverty, go to a shit school and are having money troubles at home?
    The reasons are multifactorial.

    You've nailed three of them on the head.

    I was reading an article about the problems with blacks killing blacks in American cities. One of the black commentators mentioned the statistic that 77%of black families are single parent (i.e. absent fathers), so they have unstable upbringing within the home, then there's peer pressure to join gangs, education goes out the window.

    I mentioned previously about a Michael Mosley documentary about different types of intelligence. He interviewed a very radical thinking University Professor who asserted that black males on average were 18 points lower than their white counterparts. Mosley and the politically correct called or thought of him as racist. All he was highlighting and what he actually mentioned were the mitigating circumstances that led to this disparity.

    Those who claimed he was racist, actually were the ones discriminating against the very people they were purporting to support.

    Talk openly and constructively and there's potential to move forward.

    Bury one's head in the sand, claim others are racist and nothing ever moves forward.

  25. #85
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,272

    Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    I thought you weren’t interested?

    So you think black people are more predisposed to join gangs, inspire of upbringing, education or status?
    you can't let go of anything can you?
    Why do you keep asking me questions?
    You don't really want answers you just want to use the answer (Which of course in your eyes will automatically be wrong) as an excuse to ram your opinion down peoples throats.

    You are getting seriously boring now.!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •