+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Holiday Destination Suggestions

Holiday Destination Suggestions

I’ve got a week or so off 26th July, thinking of doing a solo trip for a few days - somewhere sunny - I’m in my 50s so Club 18-30s not my style.
    Any suggestions -

Oh and I’d like it cheap!

Re: Holiday Destination Suggestions

Croatia

Last edited by RonnieBird; 15-07-19 at 21:16. Reason: Add link

Beddau.

Malta is fantastic with loads of history, beaches and lovely restaurants. The pound was very high against the Euro when I last went but obviously won't be as cheap for you now.

Be aware though that the heat in Malta in the middle of summer can be very oppressive.

Depends entirely what you want to do, what's perfect for one person is a nightmare for another.

Bulgaria. Sunny Beach south. Cheap as chips and sunny. 30 mins from airport. My wife was very sceptical when I booked it 2 years ago but afterwards she said "not as bad as I thought, i quite enjoyed it" . Imagine costa del sol in the 70s with russians. Did I mention cheap. Best place to book bulkan holidays. Under £ a pint in places. Went there 2 years ago and going this year as well. If you hate it you will have enough money to go somewhere else. Did i mention it was cheap!

Faroe Islands

Malta sounds like a good idea - went there for a friendly with Wales in the 80s would like to go back again!
    Thanks for that suggestion.
    Bulgaria sounds like a good one as well - I would have thought it would have been infested with Eastern European mafia, but is there any one place there you would recommend as an “English” resort?
    Thanks chaps!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Malta sounds like a good idea - went there for a friendly with Wales in the 80s would like to go back again!
    Thanks for that suggestion.
    Bulgaria sounds like a good one as well - I would have thought it would have been infested with Eastern European mafia, but is there any one place there you would recommend as an “English” resort?
    Thanks chaps!
    Ibiza-It's a wonderful place.

Been to Ibiza — isn’t it full of teenagers?

Not where i go.

I stay in Ibiza town, there's a fantastic mix of people there, dead easy to get about, some great restaurants, sadly not that cheap. Menorca is very nice as well, very relaxed with wonderful beaches if you like that sort of thing.

Sorry to butt in this thread. Feel free to tell me to get my own one but where would any you recommend taking a 14 year old boy? I'm on my own so it will be just me and him. He wants to go abroad. Looking for something entertaining.

Have a look at Sun Club El Dorado in Majorca it’s is kind of like centre Parcs / bluestone but in the sun.

Our whole extended family do 1 week each year as it offerers a bit of everything. Apartments with all inclusive food and drink at a good price.

Animation team that run activities every hour every day like tennis, soccer, ping pong ect popular with families / kids / old and single a really good mix

Cheap, school holidays start this Friday. You should have gone a few weeks ago......

Half posh hippies, half clueless teenagers, they don’t mix

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    Bulgaria. Sunny Beach south. Cheap as chips and sunny. 30 mins from airport. My wife was very sceptical when I booked it 2 years ago but afterwards she said "not as bad as I thought, i quite enjoyed it" . Imagine costa del sol in the 70s with russians. Did I mention cheap. Best place to book bulkan holidays. Under £ a pint in places. Went there 2 years ago and going this year as well. If you hate it you will have enough money to go somewhere else. Did i mention it was cheap!
    Get on a bus and travel the coast to Burgas and Varna as well. Also got to Sozopol and book a night there - it is a great little place, really cheap and the beach is superb there. It comes alive at night and isn't quite as boisterous as Sunny Beach - quite refined in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Malta is fantastic with loads of history, beaches and lovely restaurants. The pound was very high against the Euro when I last went but obviously won't be as cheap for you now.

Be aware though that the heat in Malta in the middle of summer can be very oppressive.
    Malta is superb - I read a book about the siege during the Second World War before I went and it was great to see the modern as well as the ancient history on the island. You must make a trip over to Gozo - it is like stepping back in time - very little has chnaged since the 70's!

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Sorry to butt in this thread. Feel free to tell me to get my own one but where would any you recommend taking a 14 year old boy? I'm on my own so it will be just me and him. He wants to go abroad. Looking for something entertaining.
    The best theme park anywhere.....not known about much in UK but having been, and sent school groups there, you won't regret it. It's an historic theme park which sounds boring but is brilliant. Plan a day well and you can fit in all the shows which have outstanding live action battle reenactments/Roman amphitheatre with chariot racing etc. The stunts are amazing. If you want to impress a 14 yr old. Go.
    http://www.puydufou.com/en?language_content_entity=en