+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like Rhys Healey is on his way to MK Dons.

Looks like Rhys Healey is on his way to MK Dons.

Re: Looks like Rhys Healey is on his way to MK Dons.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Selling him outright?

Really, really glad we brought him on vs Fulham if 2 games later he's going to League One. Good job we didn't have 10m Bobby Reid getting splinters in his arse. Honestly, I will never, ever understand that decision and it gets stranger by the day.

This would be a good move for Rhys and us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Selling him outright?

Really, really glad we brought him on vs Fulham if 2 games later he's going to League One. Good job we didn't have 10m Bobby Reid getting splinters in his arse. Honestly, I will never, ever understand that decision and it gets stranger by the day.
    Same here, Neil Warnock had a bit of a nightmare that day.

Selling him outright?

I was livid that day - I really like Neil but he got it so wrong that day - Fulham were garbage and we just invited them on and bringing on Healey just to throw the ball in long was just down right barmy

Inexplicably, other than Gunnars, the only person to play in both our Premier League campaigns. His permanent departure cannot come too soon

Nothing against the player and he did try but this is so overdue it’s ridiculous.
    However, good luck to the guy.

That Fulham game was an absolute joke, we were the architects of our own relegation that day.

Selling him outright?

It was the exact moment that I stopped believing we had any chance of avoiding relegation.

He hasn’t really been the same since his injury.
    I think he may have been able to do a job off the bench in the championship

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It was the exact moment that I stopped believing we had any chance of avoiding relegation.
    This. That was the most bizarre substitution. So stupid

Done deal - Confirmed by MK Dons.

"Prolific"?

Undisclosed fee. No wonder he hasn't been involved with us in pre-season.

I can't believe we signed him to such a long contract. When we were a Premier League club! I wouldn't be happy if I was an MK Dons fan. He's played 115 games in his career and scored 41 goals. All but 2 have come at League One level or below and he only scored 4 in 21 League One games. If you look at his stats he seems much more comfortable at League Two and below.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I can't believe we signed him to such a long contract. When we were a Premier League club! I wouldn't be happy if I was an MK Dons fan. He's played 115 games in his career and scored 41 goals. All but 2 have come at League One level or below and he only scored 4 in 21 League One games. If you look at his stats he seems much more comfortable at League Two and below.
    Disagree. There’s something about him. Think he’ll bang them in at league 1

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Disagree. There’s something about him. Think he’ll bang them in at league 1
    He scored 8 in 18 last year for MK Dons. Maybe he'll be able to make the step up for them. I hope so. He's entering his peak years.

Best of luck to him. Even with a forward line not functioning, I don’t see him getting any chances going forward

It was unclear to pretty well everyone what exactly Neil Warnock saw in Rhys Healey when he gave him a nice 3 year contract in October 2017 especially when he then shipped him out on loan to Torquay and M K Dons.

With a new contract, 2 loan deals, some rather odd appearances in the Premier League and now a transfer all in the space of less than 2 years you must say Healey’s agent, James Warnock, certainly deserves his fees for all that hard work. Well done James!

We're sooooo lucky that Warnock's son is an agent. It gives us first choice on players of the quality of Healey.

I don't think Sir Neil deserves all these snidey comments about his son.

Other than that, I shared his opinion that Rhys Healey was a huge potential talent and I'm disappointed that both of us were wrong, just as I'm disappointed for the boy himself.
    Maybe he'll mature and do better in the future, but the time is right for him to move on and if nothing else be more successful at that level .

I couldn't agree more with the comments about his disasterous inclusion at Fulham, but that's with hindsight - if he'd have surprised everyone and won the game for us we'd be looking at it very differently but sometimes when you make a bold move like that it doesn't work .

All the criticism of the Rhys Healey deal is ridiculous. He was only 21 when we signed him for very little and obviously had potential, so deserved his three year deal. He suffered a serious injury just as he was on the verge of getting a run in the team and never really recovered properly. Now we have sold him, probably for a profit. So how is all that such a bad thing.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    All the criticism of the Rhys Healey deal is ridiculous. He was only 21 when we signed him for very little and obviously had potential, so deserved his three year deal. He suffered a serious injury just as he was on the verge of getting a run in the team and never really recovered properly. Now we have sold him, probably for a profit. So how is all that such a bad thing.
    I wonder if that's because you clearly have no idea why people are being critical? For a start, we signed him in 2013 when he was 18, not 21. He was then given the new deal in 2017 (while he was out with the long-term injury that you mentioned) and then never looked like playing for us again after a few cameo roles off the bench (before going on loan to a non-league club for the remainder of the season).

He suddenly reappeared in City colours 12 months later and played a grand total of 48 minutes for us while we were in a relegation battle.

I'm not overly bothered by him having the new contract, but I can certainly see why some people are a bit dubious considering he was only involved in 6 games for us after he was given the contract - none of which were from the start and only once did he play for more than 20 mins.

It could easily be deemed as a poor bit of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I wonder if that's because you clearly have no idea why people are being critical? For a start, we signed him in 2013 when he was 18, not 21. He was then given the new deal in 2017 (while he was out with the long-term injury that you mentioned) and then never looked like playing for us again after a few cameo roles off the bench (before going on loan to a non-league club for the remainder of the season).

He suddenly reappeared in City colours 12 months later and played a grand total of 48 minutes for us while we were in a relegation battle.

I'm not overly bothered by him having the new contract, but I can certainly see why some people are a bit dubious considering he was only involved in 6 games for us after he was given the contract - none of which were from the start and only once did he play for more than 20 mins.

It could easily be deemed as a poor bit of business.
    It could also be deemed necessary in the prevailing circumstances .
    I do t know whether you recall that problem we had after an air crash during the window ?
    As much as it was hardly the main thing, we were left very short of strikers in the event of injury or suspension and so someone already on the books needed to be available. That's why Rhys was not sent back to MK Dons for the rest of the season, and that's why he got some game time.
    It was Hobson's Choice

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    It could also be deemed necessary in the prevailing circumstances .
    I do t know whether you recall that problem we had after an air crash during the window ?
    As much as it was hardly the main thing, we were left very short of strikers in the event of injury or suspension and so someone already on the books needed to be available.That's why Rhys was not sent back to MK Dons for the rest of the season, and that's why he got some game time.
    It was Hobson's Choice
    No, I don't recall "the problem we had", mainly due to the fact that we didn't have a probkem at all. We already had 5 forwards as options for a position in which Warnock only ever plays 1. Zohore, Niasse, Ward, Reid and Paterson were those options, and much better options than Healey, to be quite honest.

If all of those were missing due to suspension or injury, then a League One/Two quality striker isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference. Murphy, Hoilett and NML would have done as good, if not a better job if called upon to play in a lone striker role - at least they've scored goals (plural) in the Championship. Even Camarasa could have been an emergency option.

So, we had 5 options for a centre forward after January... What we didn't have was centre backs (just Morrison and Manga) after Bamba's injury and, somehow, it didn't seem to be a massive problem that one or both of them could have been missing.

MK Dons and League One appear to be a good fit for him and I wish him the best of luck, but Rhys Healey was the least required option available to us in January 2019... so if it was indeed 'Hobson's Choice', we may as well have chosen nothing.