+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Huddersfield home kit 19/20

Huddersfield home kit 19/20

This has been announced on their official website. Could still be a marketing trick by Paddy Power but if it is Huddersfield are playing along.

https://www.htafc.com/news/2019/july...t-is-revealed/

8E5EDBB4-30B9-4093-BD20-014191191D11.jpg

Re: Huddersfield home kit 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    This has been announced on their official website. Could still be a marketing trick by Paddy Power but if it is Huddersfield are playing along.

https://www.htafc.com/news/2019/july...t-is-revealed/

8E5EDBB4-30B9-4093-BD20-014191191D11.jpg
    My mate works for PP, he's pretty sure its a marketing trick.

That must just be a joke/marketing thing surely, if not it is the worst kit I've ever seen.

You've got to love PP marketing dept. One of the best around.

Shame it's a joke. I thought it looked good. The first 'sash' shirt. I bet the away version is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Shame it's a joke. I thought it looked good. The first 'sash' shirt. I bet the away version is even better.
    I saw a mocked up version of the way kit. It was pink with the words 'Hen Party' written on the sash .

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I saw a mocked up version of the way kit. It was pink with the words 'Hen Party' written on the sash .
    It's not that it looks bad, it does, but that they are now Paddy Power FC instead of Huddersfield Town. Fortunately, there are regulations which prohibit such an offensive size of sponsor logo and so it will all just be an advertising campaign which raises money for a small, local charity*.

*large gambling company.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Huddersfield have been invited by EFL to provide their observations as to how this strip has apparently contravened the rules about shirt advertising /sponsorship
    And to explain why the team wore them in a friendly the other night

Probably will only be worn for a pre-season friendly or two as an advertising stunt. Can't see this being a permanent thing.

The amount of advertising of gambling companies in football now is obscene. It definitely needs to be more heavily regulated.

Every single ad break at half time is for a gambling company.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The amount of advertising of gambling companies in football now is obscene. It definitely needs to be more heavily regulated.

It's a joke. The FA have the cheek the criticise it when they had an official gambling partner (as did the EFL). That's stopped now, thankfully but it's so deeply ingrained it'll take a hell of lot to reverse it.

Yup then have the audacity to say gamble responsibly....as if they give a shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It's a joke. The FA have the cheek the criticise it when they had an official gambling partner (as did the EFL). That's stopped now, thankfully but it's so deeply ingrained it'll take a hell of lot to reverse it.
    Always pitched as being a "lad" thing to do as well, encourages teenagers to do it. I've got nothing against gambling but it's reached such an absurd point now.

Always pitched as being a "lad" thing to do as well, encourages teenagers to do it. I've got nothing against gambling but it's reached such an absurd point now.
    You're watching football and don't bet? What are you? Some sort of freak? Put £10 on this bet NOW!

The actual new kit has now been released and of course it's without a sponsor. A proper old fashioned look.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/SaveOurShirt?src=hash

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    The actual new kit has now been released and of course it's without a sponsor. A proper old fashioned look.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/SaveOurShirt?src=hash
    Nice kit tbf , would love kits not to have shirt sponsor

Looks much better with no sponsor. Do we think it was always a marketing "prank" or is it backtracking?

Looks much better with no sponsor. Do we think it was always a marketing "prank" or is it backtracking?
    It's PP. It was always going to be a stunt.