+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Important football rule change

Important football rule change

Re: Important football rule change

Love this account

Did i read you can't put attackers in a wall as another rule change this year ?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Did i read you can't put attackers in a wall as another rule change this year ?
    Ya, something on the lines of, can’t put your players in the wall, unless there are a certain number of the opposing team in there !!!!

All teams will need an accountant and a lawyer on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Love this account

What if the goalkeeper takes a throw-in?

I’m glad they’ve amended this, it was happening way too often. Week in, week out the ball being launched 100 & odd yards over everyone’s head and nestling in the back of the opposition net. Great to see the powers that be have their fingers on the pulse!!!!!

Could this be the thing that persuades Vincent Tan to walk away from football?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    ????????????????? WTF

If they are bringing in rule changes I’d be happy to help. I’ve got loads of good ideas for little tweaks that would improve the game.

This can't be right.
    What if the goalie goes forward near the end and throws a long throw into the box that goes in. That won't count either if this stupid rule change is right.

Didn’t think you could score direct from a throw in anyway, hasn’t it got to touch another player? Or has this law altered? It used to be corner kick if you threw it direct into your own goal & a goal kick if you threw it direct into your opposition goal. May have changed recently, can’t keep up with the law meddling.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Didn’t think you could score direct from a throw in anyway, hasn’t it got to touch another player? Or has this law altered? It used to be corner kick if you threw it direct into your own goal & a goal kick if you threw it direct into your opposition goal. May have changed recently, can’t keep up with the law meddling.
    You're correct, alwaysaway is wrong.

Btw, has anyone ever seen a goalie go up and take a throw in?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You can’t score direct from a throw in anyway

Why have they changed this? If a goalkeeper can throw the ball the entire length of the pitch and into the goal then that’s something I want to see

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Why have they changed this? If a goalkeeper can throw the ball the entire length of the pitch and into the goal then that’s something I want to see
    Exactly.. and I'd want to be his agent too!

First Team

Where is Gary Sprake when you need him?

I remember a few people on here last year grumbling about the new kick off rule where the ball can go any direction instead of just forward. Why do they have to fiddle etc etc

In reality it made no negative difference to anyone's enjoyment. This will be the same. I assume it's happened on some windswept or slanted pitch and it's just tidying up the rules for the one in a million match. It does no harm at all.

I remember a few people on here last year grumbling about the new kick off rule where the ball can go any direction instead of just forward. Why do they have to fiddle etc etc

In reality it made no negative difference to anyone's enjoyment. This will be the same. I assume it's happened on some windswept or slanted pitch and it's just tidying up the rules for the one in a million match. It does no harm at all.
    But also, these people have to be seen to be doing something. That's why the offside law keeps getting tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    But also, these people have to be seen to be doing something. That's why the offside law keeps getting tweaked.
    Wasn’t it Brian Clough, who said “if you’re not interfering with play, what are you doing on the pitch”

How many times recently has there been a shitstorm about VAR when it turns out it was the VAR that was right all along but the actual rules that were bollocks

Isn't this what keeps this messageboard going though? Miserable gits moaning about stuff that they don't understand and that has zero negative effect on anyone?

What if the keeper takes a throw in ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    How many times recently has there been a shitstorm about VAR when it turns out it was the VAR that was right all along but the actual rules that were bollocks
    Yes but the rules weren't meant to be interpreted by VAR. God, I hate VAR so much. Also, some of the farcical "decisions" referees have made using VAR in the 2 world cups have been laughable.

The thing is the offside rule was brought in to stop goal hanging, so why does it need to be judged on such a small measurement? Change the rule to make it air between the players again.

I don't think VAR is needed in football but at least when it's for black and white decisions it will make the right call. When it's for the ball being kicked at someone's arm it is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The thing is the offside rule was brought in to stop goal hanging, so why does it need to be judged on such a small measurement? Change the rule to make it air between the players again.

I don't think VAR is needed in football but at least when it's for black and white decisions it will make the right call. When it's for the ball being kicked at someone's arm it is a joke.
    VAR can only be used in black and white. It's a joke but now it's here, it isn't going anywhere. Going to ruin the game but there we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Pretty sure that in the NFL it is supposed to be used only to overturn demonstrably and clearly wrong decisions on the pitch. It is fair to say that it is used far more than that and they do use it to split hairs, but I think the original purpose has some validity. If it stuck to that, then I'd be fine with it. Maybe give the ref just one look at the screen - if it is obviously wrong then change it, if it is ambiguous then the on-field decision stays. I.e. it would be used to deal with hand of god things which are obvious; but not the 1966 did-it-cross-the-line stuff where you just stick to the original call.

If its influence cannot be limited to correcting palpable errors, then just bin it because it is shite as it is.