+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Important football rule change

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Important football rule change

I remember a few people on here last year grumbling about the new kick off rule where the ball can go any direction instead of just forward. Why do they have to fiddle etc etc

In reality it made no negative difference to anyone's enjoyment. This will be the same. I assume it's happened on some windswept or slanted pitch and it's just tidying up the rules for the one in a million match. It does no harm at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I remember a few people on here last year grumbling about the new kick off rule where the ball can go any direction instead of just forward. Why do they have to fiddle etc etc

In reality it made no negative difference to anyone's enjoyment. This will be the same. I assume it's happened on some windswept or slanted pitch and it's just tidying up the rules for the one in a million match. It does no harm at all.
    But also, these people have to be seen to be doing something. That's why the offside law keeps getting tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    But also, these people have to be seen to be doing something. That's why the offside law keeps getting tweaked.
    Wasn’t it Brian Clough, who said “if you’re not interfering with play, what are you doing on the pitch”

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Isn't this what keeps this messageboard going though? Miserable gits moaning about stuff that they don't understand and that has zero negative effect on anyone?

What if the keeper takes a throw in ffs