+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Important football rule change

Re: Important football rule change

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Yes but the rules weren't meant to be interpreted by VAR. God, I hate VAR so much. Also, some of the farcical "decisions" referees have made using VAR in the 2 world cups have been laughable.
    I was always against VAR because I could see what was going to happen with interpretations etc. I'm just surprised it happened so soon. I thought it would be more gradual.

Goal line technology was all that was needed. It amazed me so many people were in favour.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I was always against VAR because I could see what was going to happen with interpretations etc. I'm just surprised it happened so soon. I thought it would be more gradual.

Goal line technology was all that was needed. It amazed me so many people were in favour.
    That was always my opinion too, goal line tech was always needed and because it's a black and white decision it was easy. A foul or a handball can be watched 100 times and still everyone will have a different opinion.

If there was a way of detecting players being offside I'd be all for it. But VAR is not good for the game, I don't care about correct decisions enough to completely change the sport.

It's not even like refs were getting that much wrong anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    That was always my opinion too, goal line tech was always needed and because it's a black and white decision it was easy. A foul or a handball can be watched 100 times and still everyone will have a different opinion.

If there was a way of detecting players being offside I'd be all for it. But VAR is not good for the game, I don't care about correct decisions enough to completely change the sport.

People were led to believe that refs were getting things very wrong. Every other match analysis on MOTD would start with "let's get this out of the way, Alan. Was it a penalty/red card/offside?" and the entire game would be boiled down to what happened in one incident, with the other 94-odd minutes not mattering.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    You can’t score direct from a throw in anyway
    It was a trick question.

From Wikipedia:

The laws of the game have never permitted a goal to be scored directly from a throw-in by the attacking team. In 1882, a change in the laws, introduced by N. Lane Jackson of Finchley FC and Morton Betts of Old Harrovians FC, made it possible to score an own goal directly from a throw-in. This possibility was removed in 1898.

From Wikisource:

Laws of the Game (1863) – A goal shall be won when the ball passes between the goal posts or over the space between the goal posts (at whatever height), not being thrown, knocked on, or carried.

Laws of the Game (1882) – A goal shall be won when the ball has passed between the goal-posts under the tape or bar, not being thrown, knocked on nor carried by anyone of the attacking side.

Laws of the Game (1898) – A goal shall not be scored from a throw in.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

VAR was always going to be used to be "100% correct". Clear and obvious doesn't mean anything, and so the authorities are using any excuse to spot fouls. It's an absolute shambles and kills my enjoyment in the game. ITV managed to run a 2 minute poll on a decision before a penalty decision was made in the World Cup. Someone had the time to set it up, type it in put in the options and then find results over a penalty! Mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It was a trick question.

From Wikipedia:

The laws of the game have never permitted a goal to be scored directly from a throw-in by the attacking team. In 1882, a change in the laws, introduced by N. Lane Jackson of Finchley FC and Morton Betts of Old Harrovians FC, made it possible to score an own goal directly from a throw-in. This possibility was removed in 1898.

From Wikisource:

Laws of the Game (1863) – A goal shall be won when the ball passes between the goal posts or over the space between the goal posts (at whatever height), not being thrown, knocked on, or carried.

Laws of the Game (1882) – A goal shall be won when the ball has passed between the goal-posts under the tape or bar, not being thrown, knocked on nor carried by anyone of the attacking side.

Laws of the Game (1898) – A goal shall not be scored from a throw in.
    Backtracking faster than an Italian tank

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It amazed me so many people were in favour.
    Most people don't go to games, so they don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Backtracking faster than an Italian tank
    Ronnie's had an absolute mare here

VAR can only be used in black and white. It's a joke but now it's here, it isn't going anywhere. Going to ruin the game but there we go.
    That's not true!

That's not true!

They can say what they like. That isn't how it's getting used is it?

They can say what they like. That isn't how it's getting used is it?
    They look like colour screens to me!

They look like colour screens to me!
    Can you go back to being Ronnie now? He's slightly less boring than you are.

Can you go back to being Ronnie now? He's slightly less boring than you are.
    You said VAR can only be used in black and white. Admit it you are wrong!