+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Zohore to WBA - 8 Mil!!

Re: Zohore to WBA - 8 Mil!!

Just googled Niasse and he's still on the shelf at Everton.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Story seems to be firming up , but it means that we absolutely need to sign a striker now because we're getting short in that department. It's no longer a luxury
    Leaves Cardiff's recognised strikers down to Ward, Madine and Bogle. With Reid and Paterson who could also feature up top it leaves Cardiff looking pretty lightweight up top.

For this deal to be approved there has to be two influencing factors. One Cardiff are looking to recruit someone of a similar ilk to Zohore. Two, the fact he is entering into his final year of his contract, this is the only time to make some money and £8m is a very good offer for a player who has failed to live up to the performances that got our tails wagging back in the 16/17 season.

Do we trust Warnock to spend a lot of money on a striker after signing Madine?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Do we trust Warnock to spend a lot of money on a striker after signing Madine?
    We've got to.

Whle Warnock has done a lot for us, because it's his show and only his show (regardless of what he says) that's holding us back in terms of setting a proper infrastructure behind the scenes. Having said all that, if we're scouting in France, Belgium and wherever, maybe things are improving!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

If they come down it's not usually long before they go back up again.
    I see what you did there.

If was going abroad or to a team in a different division I don't think I'd care at all. As it is, it seems something of a gamble. Unless NW is using that money to pull off something special. Somehow, I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Ken on his day is unplayable,but not too often.Hope he does well for himself.
    Unplayable? If you mean shouldn't be named in the squad, I can see it. Otherwise, when has he ever been unplayable? Has he ever scored a hat trick?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Unplayable? If you mean shouldn't be named in the squad, I can see it. Otherwise, when has he ever been unplayable? Has he ever scored a hat trick?
    Like I said in another thread, he's an average or above average player who has moments of absolute brilliance, i.e goals at home against Preston and Fulham which were both some time ago now. He's in the last year of his contract, and is 26 in January... he showed 0 signs of hitting previous form nor hitting his career prime and clearly doesn't suit our system, which works in this division. It's a great deal for us.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Did you watch us in early 2017? He was absolutely unbelievable at times. He also ripped Wolves a new arsehole after we turned down Brighton's bid. There's a great player in there but he isn't consistent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Did you watch us in early 2017? He was absolutely unbelievable at times. He also ripped Wolves a new arsehole after we turned down Brighton's bid. There's a great player in there but he isn't consistent enough.
    I think a lot of it may also be he was a complete unknown entity then, teams didn't really have much tape on him. It's a bit obvious teams have figured him out now, particularly in our system. His shooting is also dire. I've never seen a player so addicted to shooting at a sharp angle on the near post.

If West Brom can get get some confidence going then Zohore will see more of the service he needs than he had in his last eighteen months at Cardiff. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we are seeing "why did we sell him?" posts on here around late August/September time, but there have to be question marks as to whether he can sustain any spell of good form because he's not done it yet and he's into his mid twenties now.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

His lack of consistency in the league and the way we generally didn’t play to his strengths (as has been said) for me accounts for why he hasn’t had more international caps for Denmark who are IMO not exactly bursting at the seams with quality forwards

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If West Brom can get get some confidence going then Zohore will see more of the service he needs than he had in his last eighteen months at Cardiff. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we are seeing "why did we sell him?" posts on here around late August/September time, but there have to be question marks as to whether he can sustain any spell of good form because he's not done it yet and he's into his mid twenties now.
    Zohore could be unbelievable. He also could be useless. I'd be interested to see him in a side that actually plays football because despite his size he isn't a target man at all. Probably isn't news to most but it is to some . I think if he starts well at WBA, then we really could regret it but with 12 months left, £8m is a good fee if we can reinvest it.

Hugill is apparently off to Wigan, from West Ham for about 3m.
    That’s sounds pretty cheap

Bit sad that he's gone. Didn't always look interested but he did have his good days.

Dread him having a stormer for the Baggies when we play them.

a deal rising to a total of £8million with add-ons.

To reach that figure, Zohore must make a set number of appearances, score a set number of goals, and help the club win promotion. We're fecked then!

So not £8 million really if reports are correct. Up to that figure with appearances, goals etc. If true it’s a bit of a catch 22 for us, do we want WBA & Ken to be successful for us to get the full fee or do we want one of our main rivals to be successful????

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Bit sad that he's gone. Didn't always look interested but he did have his good days.

Dread him having a stormer for the Baggies when we play them.
    Could see Morrison and Sol really bullying him.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    a deal rising to a total of £8million with add-ons.

To reach that figure, Zohore must make a set number of appearances, score a set number of goals, and help the club win promotion. We're fecked then!
    Otherwise it's £5 and a bag of nuts. I was looking forward to sharing a pint with the Baggies fans I know. Not if they've got him on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    So not £8 million really if reports are correct. Up to that figure with appearances, goals etc. If true it’s a bit of a catch 22 for us, do we want WBA & Ken to be successful for us to get the full fee or do we want one of our main rivals to be successful????
    No transfer fees are ever as advertised. The only time they are is in Spain when people trigger a release clause, as that has to be paid in full.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    City v West Brom at Wembley play off final.Ken misses a sitter to draw level in the 89th minute. I'd be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    City v West Brom at Wembley play off final.Ken misses a sitter to draw level in the 89th minute. I'd be happy with that.
    Misses sitter to win it, hits the post, the ball shoots forward and Dwight Gayle races clear and puts the Bluebirds in the Premier League, Ken rips off his Albion shirt to reveal a I ****ing love Warnock shirt and joins in the pile on.

No transfer fees are ever as advertised. The only time they are is in Spain when people trigger a release clause, as that has to be paid in full.
    All a load of bollocks then, £8 million, my arse!!!!! We could quite feasibly be getting about £2 mill up front with which to negotiate for his replacement. Very open to corruption, what a scenario if we’ve got no chance of going up or down and we’re playing WBA, who are up there, will we allow Ken the freedom of the park to get a few bob (no, a few mill) more? Very iffy!!!!