Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 126

Thread: Zohore to WBA - 8 Mil!!

  1. #1

    KEN IS OFF

    8m to WBA

    John Percy reporting, who is usually spot on.

    Wow!

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Decent money for a player Neil Warnock seems to have run out of patience with.
    Bit of a shame if he goes really, on his day he is devastating. He just doesn't have enough of those days.
    I feel he is a luxury that we can't really afford to carry this season. We need a striker who puts in 7/8 out of 10 perrformances consistently over a season.

  4. #4

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1927 View Post
    Decent money for a player Neil Warnock seems to have run out of patience with.
    Bit of a shame if he goes really, on his day he is devastating. He just doesn't have enough of those days.
    I feel he is a luxury that we can't really afford to carry this season. We need a striker who puts in 7/8 out of 10 perrformances consistently over a season.
    Shame he had his best game in ages away vs Man United. I think there's a greater chance we'd regret not taking the money but there's a very decent chance we're going to regret this massively. Still, only 12 months left on his contract, got us up and still made 8m. Doesn't make turning down 16m so bad!

  5. #5

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Disappointed if true. I still think he will come good and 8m isnt a lot when you see what we paid for Madine and Swansea turning 15m down for McBurnie.

    Hes also our no 1 striker so it leaves us looking weak up front.

    Would rather have seen Madine and Bogle go.

    Also, selling to a promotion rival.

    Hope weve got something good lined up to replace him

  6. #6

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    He's one of my favourite players at City, admittedly a bit hit and miss though. I suppose the club thought , if it's true, that 8m is a good price for him. We must surely have someone lined up? Or if not the extra fee income will help us get an even better player. Otherwise we'll be relying on Danny Ward and Gary Madine!! (or Bogle). Why oh why did we sell Rhys Healey??!!!

  7. #7

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Disappointed if true, when he's at his best we are a genuinely good team.

  8. #8

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Disappointed if true. I still think he will come good and 8m isn’t a lot when you see what we paid for Madine and Swansea turning 15m down for McBurnie.

    He’s also our no 1 striker so it leaves us looking weak up front.

    Would rather have seen Madine and Bogle go.

    Also, selling to a promotion rival.

    Hope we’ve got something good lined up to replace him
    12 months left on his deal, hopefully they've got someone lined up. I'd rather we didn't strengthen WBA though, as you say! I think we probably need two strikers now. Hopefully a loanee and a big money buy.

    I agree though, I'm more disappointed than I thought I'd be.

  9. #9

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    I've seen him play some stormers - and many duds.

    Just don't think he's 'right'. His head seems all over the place and he's often injured with niggles that take a age to get right.

    He had one hot streak - and that for me is that.

    Get more money and move him on.

  10. #10

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Yes. Let's get rid of Zohore and keep Madine , Bogle and Ward. I hope he doesn't go. We'll have Gary marine leading the line at Wigan if we're not careful. I expect we'll pout the money towards signing Assombalonga? I'd rather keep Ken, he'll score a lot this season and I was hoping it would be for us.

  11. #11

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Quote Originally Posted by Once U shop, U can't stop View Post
    I've seen him play some stormers - and many duds.

    Just don't think he's 'right'. His head seems all over the place and he's often injured with niggles that take a age to get right.

    He had one hot streak - and that for me is that.

    Get more money and move him on.
    I hope this is true. Revenge for the Baggies selling us Ricky Lambert😁

  12. #12

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Bit of a shock that one. We must definitely have someone lined up then. Far from convinced it's that Brett Asambalonga fellow everyone's talking about, although having said that Boro have that Preston player Hugill in their sights, so who knows?

  13. #13
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,518

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    If this is true I assume he will be flying back to the UK for a medical with WBA - not doing one in the USA.

    If he continues to appear in the daily training compilation videos this story will look very iffy.

    I have got mixed feelings on this one. I can understand why Warnock may have lost patience again and why the club would see the reported fee as good business - but when he is good Ken is very good, and that glimpse of the 'I'm back' Ken at Old Trafford gave me hope for this season.

    If we do sell we must surely have someone (or some two) lined up as replacements.

  14. #14

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    He 'could and should' be a damn good striker

    But I'd rather Paterson, Madine or Ward start ahead of him which is a damning indictment

    When Neil signed Niasse and Sala that was his judgement of Ken and I'd be guessing we are in the market for a striker so moving Healey and Zohore on makes sense as long as we bring in somebody.

    Kodjia of Villa would fit the bill

  15. #15

  16. #16

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If he continues to appear in the daily training compilation videos this story will look very iffy.
    Without going into bat for a journalist, John Percy's track record is exceptional. I'd say this one is nailed on.

  17. #17
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,518

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Telegraph claiming he is en route to the WBA training ground!

    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...enneth-zohore/

  18. #18

    Re: Zohore to WBA - 8 Mil!!

    Apologies! Admin, can you merge.

  19. #19

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I have got mixed feelings on this one. I can understand why Warnock may have lost patience again and why the club would see the reported fee as good business - but when he is good Ken is very good, and that glimpse of the 'I'm back' Ken at Old Trafford gave me hope for this season.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

  20. #20

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    I think is time at our club is due to end,had some great games with even better goals but way too many effortless appearances.Worst header of a footballer I’ve seen -baby.
    8M is good business at this point.Thanks for the memories Ken.

  21. #21

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Bit of a shock that one. We must definitely have someone lined up then. Far from convinced it's that Brett Asambalonga fellow everyone's talking about, although having said that Boro have that Preston player Hugill in their sights, so who knows?
    I though Hugill has gone to West Ham a year or so ago - but had been loaned out last season?

  22. #22

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    I might cheer up if we replaced him with Dwight Gayle 😉

  23. #23

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    8m to WBA

    John Percy reporting, who is usually spot on.

    Wow!
    Ill take that he's not mentally tough enough ,I have had the privilege of being near the lad , he's away with the fairies .

  24. #24

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Quote Originally Posted by Once U shop, U can't stop View Post
    I've seen him play some stormers - and many duds.

    Just don't think he's 'right'. His head seems all over the place and he's often injured with niggles that take a age to get right.

    He had one hot streak - and that for me is that.

    Get more money and move him on.
    I think it's tactics. When Warnock plays tactics that suit Zohore then he is good, but when he doesn't he's utter shite.
    Because he's big people assume he is a back to the goals target man, good in the air, hold the ball up etc... I think he's much better when he's facing the goal and running at the defence. I think he'd be excellent in a big man, little man system, but he would be Earnie rather than Thorne.

  25. #25
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Anglia East
    Posts
    14,733

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Without going into bat for a journalist, John Percy's track record is exceptional. I'd say this one is nailed on.
    You've just batted for Percy

  26. #26

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I though Hugill has gone to West Ham a year or so ago - but had been loaned out last season?
    Hugill is apparently off to Wigan, from West Ham for about 3m.

  27. #27

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You've just batted for Percy
    Good point, Ron.

  28. #28

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    As a striker, when did he last score a headed goal ?????

  29. #29

    Re: KEN IS OFF

    Announce Maupay.

  30. #30

    Re: Zohore to WBA - 8 Mil!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Hugill is apparently off to Wigan, from West Ham for about 3m.
    Thanks for putting me right. Lost track of comings and goings in the Championship last season!
    But I did think Boro were sniffing around?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •