+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Zohore to WBA - 8 Mil!!

Re: Zohore to WBA - 8 Mil!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    All a load of bollocks then, £8 million, my arse!!!!! We could quite feasibly be getting about £2 mill up front with which to negotiate for his replacement. Very open to corruption, what a scenario if we’ve got no chance of going up or down and we’re playing WBA, who are up there, will we allow Ken the freedom of the park to get a few bob (no, a few mill) more? Very iffy!!!!
    Corruption? . This is why football clubs don't report transfer fees, because they're very, very complicated.

Just to put your mind at ease, we didn't pay £6m up front for Madine either.

All a load of bollocks then, £8 million, my arse!!!!! We could quite feasibly be getting about £2 mill up front with which to negotiate for his replacement. Very open to corruption, what a scenario if we’ve got no chance of going up or down and we’re playing WBA, who are up there, will we allow Ken the freedom of the park to get a few bob (no, a few mill) more? Very iffy!!!!
    You have obviously swallowed a happy pill today havent you. I have never read such a load of old twaddle. You should take up writing fantasy novels - you would make a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Corruption? . This is why football clubs don't report transfer fees, because they're very, very complicated.

I do know that fees are very rarely paid up front (unless you’re skint and Arsenal offer bladders for Aaron Ramsey😂😂) but the scenario I highlighted could pan out if there was a very unlikely chance of a football club having an unscrupulous owner/chairman 🤪😱

I do know that fees are very rarely paid up front (unless you’re skint and Arsenal offer bladders for Aaron Ramsey����) but the scenario I highlighted could pan out if there was a very unlikely chance of a football club having an unscrupulous owner/chairman ����
    They're professionals and you'd hope the players acted as such.

Re: KEN IS OFF

Good luck to him if it happens. I've got mixed feelings about Zohore, for two thirds of last season he looked gone, like his head wasn't in it, then in the final third he started showing glimpses of what he could do, although sporadic which is difficult to pin on him as it was very rare that he recieved a ball that was right for him. I've never thought that he was a natural goalscorer, he's an odd kind of player who looks his best dropping in, collecting the ball deep and turning defences. His best stuff was produced when he had the ball at his feet and defenders played a little higher, and his ability to do a fullback on the outside such was his strength on the ball and that running style that didn't look that quick, but got stronger the further he ran.

It must be said that he was awful in the air, he just couldn't leap for the ball and he new that because Ken liked to back into a defender, when a striker does that then he's forfeiting his chances of contesting a high ball, it also told us that he wanted the ball into his feet as that was where he did his best work. Ken's form seemed to drop when Warnock decided to go more direct in a long ball sense. We were direct before that but with much more of a emphasis on getting the ball wide early with midfielders supporting the strikers, that seemed to come to an abrupt end after we smashed leeds at home during our promotion season, it didn't help his cause and he had to play in a different way to how he'd been successful. It also looked like his confidence and belief had dropped off.

Whatever happens i wish him all the best, he was part of the Warnock revolution, his emergence from nowhere was indicative of how Warnock operated and i suppose looking back was the first sign that we were making serious progress. As for his goals, well people talk about the Preston goal, for me, his best was at Norwich away where from a tight angle he gave the keeper the 'eyes' and rolled it into the near post, he had no right to score that goal, and what an important goal it was.

On his game, he's worth a lot more than £8m. On other days, he's not worth £800k.

A decent return for a free transfer who was behind Gounongbe at one stage. Always remember a game at home to Derby, a few months after he'd joined. He came on early for an injured Rickie Lambert, playing up front on his own. He looked totally inept.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good luck to him if it happens. I've got mixed feelings about Zohore, for two thirds of last season he looked gone, like his head wasn't in it, then in the final third he started showing glimpses of what he could do, although sporadic which is difficult to pin on him as it was very rare that he recieved a ball that was right for him. I've never thought that he was a natural goalscorer, he's an odd kind of player who looks his best dropping in, collecting the ball deep and turning defences. His best stuff was produced when he had the ball at his feet and defenders played a little higher, and his ability to do a fullback on the outside such was his strength on the ball and that running style that didn't look that quick, but got stronger the further he ran.

It must be said that he was awful in the air, he just couldn't leap for the ball and he new that because Ken liked to back into a defender, when a striker does that then he's forfeiting his chances of contesting a high ball, it also told us that he wanted the ball into his feet as that was where he did his best work. Ken's form seemed to drop when Warnock decided to go more direct in a long ball sense. We were direct before that but with much more of a emphasis on getting the ball wide early with midfielders supporting the strikers, that seemed to come to an abrupt end after we smashed leeds at home during our promotion season, it didn't help his cause and he had to play in a different way to how he'd been successful. It also looked like his confidence and belief had dropped off.

Whatever happens i wish him all the best, he was part of the Warnock revolution, his emergence from nowhere was indicative of how Warnock operated and i suppose looking back was the first sign that we were making serious progress. As for his goals, well people talk about the Preston goal, for me, his best was at Norwich away where from a tight angle he gave the keeper the 'eyes' and rolled it into the near post, he had no right to score that goal, and what an important goal it was.

West Brom aren't going to be happy if they think they're signing a target man.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    On his game, he's worth a lot more than £8m. On other days, he's not worth £800k.

A decent return for a free transfer who was behind Gounongbe at one stage. Always remember a game at home to Derby, a few months after he'd joined. He came on early for an injured Rickie Lambert, playing up front on his own. He looked totally inept.
    I just checked to see which club Fred signed for after his release last summer. Seems he didn't sign for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I've just spoken to my friend who works for West Brom and he knows nothing, which is very unusual, as he works in the coaching team and player assessment. If something is happening it's not at that level (medical) yet.

However ... he did suggest that Matt Phillips is in the frame again.

Maybe NW is looking to do a partial trade?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

If they asked for a description of his playing style then it couldn't be described in a few words, very difficult player to pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If they asked for a description of his playing style then it couldn't be described in a few words, very difficult player to pin.
    In construction employment terms, he’s the type you’d have to employ on pricework all the time, you’d be through the hoop eventually employing him on a daywork basis.

Just to put your mind at ease, we didn't pay £6m up front for Madine either.[/QUOTE]

How much then

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    How much then[/QUOTE]

Wouldn’t be surprised if it hit the 6 mill with the promotion clause fulfilled.

maybe they have a coach that will teach him how to head the ball

Will remember some of his thunderbolts, but apart from a purple spot over 2 seasons ago, we never saw any consistency from Zohore, not even when we won promotion. I totally understand Warnock losing faith with him - Warnock is generally a good man manager who gets 110% out of his players, but it didn't work out with Zohore.

Could be one of the Championship's finest on form. Rarely in the last 2 seasons did he get close to those heights. One offs aren't good enough in my opinion.

Good luck to West Brom. They'll have to work out what he's best at. Being a target man or a fox in the box aren't his qualities. Being strong and running with the ball are - when he can be arsed. We'll have made a profit on him at least.

How much then
    Wouldn’t be surprised if it hit the 6 mill with the promotion clause fulfilled.[/QUOTE]

Very odd, a player from a club who at the time were in serious shit financially and a player where there wasn't a demand for.

It's a bit of a shock to go from the high of Man United away, thinking we'd found our perfect front four, to losing a key part of that so quickly, but the more I think about it the more I too have mixed feelings. I presume a judgement has been made on i) do we want to sign another contract with Zohore for the price we can negotiate with his agent or ii) do we want to sell him to a promotion rival and the club has seemingly decided the latter is the better deal. I don't think we would have sold him if he had two years left on his deal but also £8-9 million pounds is an acceptable price for me.

Love seeing on twitter and messageboards how many football fans are willing to make a number of comments about a player they clearly haven't watched before. Hopefully we can bring someone new in soon'ish (presuming deal becomes finalised) who can replicate Ken's best bits more consistently and is more likely to be able to do it at Premier League level.

In the 94th minute, misses sitter to win it, hits the post, the ball shoots forward and Sol Bamba races clear and puts the Bluebirds in the Premier League in front of the City fans. Sol rips off his shirt to reveal a I ****ing love Warnock shirt and starts the pile on along with 10,000 Bluebirds.
    Amended for you.

Having a peek at a Baggie board and one poster, before he was corrected, stated that Zohore scored a shedload at this level!!!!!! Nice to see that a few are calling him Zahore already 😂😂😂

Pretty pissed off with this if I’m honest.

Good luck to Zohore

£8m to WBA

John Percy reporting, who is usually spot on.

Wow!
    I so wanted this bloke to do well for us, he showed so much promise, until the Everton bid was rejected I think. He has gone backwards badly over the last two seasons.

I don't think it's much in the current market.

On his day he is the best striker in the division now I know he's not the nicest footballer but he has all the physical attributes.

Wba look like a very good team if can gel early on.

I think there's a chance you can spend that money and he gets you promotion if he doesn't feature I'm sure could get a decent price for him

I'd start him personally in our current team, 8 mill isn't a lot of money now look what the jacks have turned down and also what Bristol paid for the cb and also what it was rumoured the price for their striker as well

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    As a striker, when did he last score a headed goal ?????
    Or any goal? Take away the I’m back off the shin miss hit at Southampton bad I’m struggerling to recall it. He hasn’t got what it takes

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I don't think it's much in the current market.

On his day he is the best striker in the division now I know he's not the nicest footballer but he has all the physical attributes.

Wba look like a very good team if can gel early on.

I think there's a chance you can spend that money and he gets you promotion if he doesn't feature I'm sure could get a decent price for him

I'd start him personally in our current team, 8 mill isn't a lot of money now look what the jacks have turned down and also what Bristol paid for the cb and also what it was rumoured the price for their striker as well
    Oli McBurnie scored as many goals last season as Zohore has in his time with us

I can't imagine him being released without a replacement . Rumour on the other board that there's a medical booked tomorrow.