+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Zohore to WBA - 8 Mil!!

Re: KEN IS OFF

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I though Hugill has gone to West Ham a year or so ago - but had been loaned out last season?
    Hugill is apparently off to Wigan, from West Ham for about 3m.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You've just batted for Percy
    Good point, Ron.

As a striker, when did he last score a headed goal ?????

Announce Maupay.

Re: Zohore to WBA - 8 Mil!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Hugill is apparently off to Wigan, from West Ham for about 3m.
    Thanks for putting me right. Lost track of comings and goings in the Championship last season!
    But I did think Boro were sniffing around?

Without adjusting for football hyper-inflation, is £8m our biggest ever receipt for a player? I think Medel went for 3/4 of his original price which would have been less than £8m. Mutch was around £7m; Chops about £5m?

Problem is - will £8m get us something more than a talented but erratic striker? The current market is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Thanks for putting me right. Lost track of comings and goings in the Championship last season!
    But I did think Boro were sniffing around?
    Think he was there on loan last season?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Without adjusting for football hyper-inflation, is £8m our biggest ever receipt for a player? I think Medel went for 3/4 of his original price which would have been less than £8m. Mutch was around £7m; Chops about £5m?

Problem is - will £8m get us something more than a talented but erratic striker? The current market is insane.
    We've got to go abroad or take a chance. It's absolutely mental at the moment. Everyone has collectively lost their marbles.

According to wikipedia (I know), Medel went for 10m and Caulker went for 8.5m.

I think he has such a high ceiling if he puts the effort in, in a team that plays to his strengths.

He didn't seem to work hard enough at times here but I also don't think he's the sort of striker who works as a target man. He always looked better with the ball at his feet. I think we did the same with Gestede, I wouldn't be surprised if Zohore got a load of goals for WBA.

Announce Janni Serra

There are a few Baggies fans who think Ken is a typical target man and dominant in the air. If he was he wouldn't be leaving (assuming he does).

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wi...rd-nears-move/

And they spout this nonsense with total conviction!

Think he was there on loan last season?
    Quite right. Just checked wiki.
    Ps WBA were looking at Hugill although it seems he's off to Wigan.

Bye Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think he has such a high ceiling if he puts the effort in, in a team that plays to his strengths.

He didn't seem to work hard enough at times here but I also don't think he's the sort of striker who works as a target man. He always looked better with the ball at his feet. I think we did the same with Gestede, I wouldn't be surprised if Zohore got a load of goals for WBA.
    Absolutely, I said this earlier in the thread and totally agree. Because he's big people assume he is a target man, I think he's much better when he's facing the goal and running at the defence. I also think he'd be excellent in a big man, little man system, but he would be Earnie rather than Thorne.

Get the tactics (and most likely attitude as well) right and I think he's nigh on unstoppable.

I've said it before but for me Ken isn't a natural striker, certainly not one who can play up front on his own anyway, he's always looked better when coming from deep or out wide rather than leading the line

I'd say this is a good move for all parties

We've got to go abroad or take a chance. It's absolutely mental at the moment. Everyone has collectively lost their marbles.

According to wikipedia (I know), Medel went for 10m and Caulker went for 8.5m.
    Forgot about caulker - he may have gone for more than £8m. And my maths could have been wrong on Medel. I thought we agreed to sell him at the carrying value of his contract, which was presumably 3/4 of £11m (assuming he was on a 4 year deal and we paid £11m). That is going to be a little bit more than £8m.

Let me ask an equally boring question. Is this our best-ever "profit" on a player contract, taking into account just transfer fees? Did we pay anything for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I though Hugill has gone to West Ham a year or so ago - but had been loaned out last season?
    Conflicting reports in the last 24 hours that he could be going to Wigan

I'm happy with that as long as we get a proper striker in with the cash.

Ken on form and on his game is a joy to watch.

Unfortunately you have to see through too many hours of nothing before you get a performance.

It's a gamble selling him to a rival and one of the calibre of West Brom. Not sure if I mentioned it the other day but since 2001 WBA have not finished outside the top six of the Championship. With several promotions in that time.

If they come down it's not usually long before they go back up again.

Got to be true the ever reliable and trustworthy BBC now reporting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49018011

WBA fans must be worried or bouncing if he's replacing , Rodriguez, Gayle and Rondon ????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Got to be true the ever reliable and trustworthy BBC now reporting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49018011

WBA fans must be worried or bouncing if he's replacing , Rodriguez, Gayle and Rondon ????????????????
    Rodriguez has already left

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Rodriguez has already left
    As has Gayle, and Rondon's off to China.

Ken on his day is unplayable,but not too often.Hope he does well for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Forgot about caulker - he may have gone for more than £8m. And my maths could have been wrong on Medel. I thought we agreed to sell him at the carrying value of his contract, which was presumably 3/4 of £11m (assuming he was on a 4 year deal and we paid £11m). That is going to be a little bit more than £8m.

Let me ask an equally boring question. Is this our best-ever "profit" on a player contract, taking into account just transfer fees? Did we pay anything for him?
    Must be, surely. £7m. Ramsey was £4.8m pure profit, Roger Johnson about the same and Mutch perhaps a touch more?

I think it's a decent move actually. I've never got the feeling that he blended with the squad. That's quite visible in the media releases the club put on YouTube etc.