+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aaron Ramsey

Aaron Ramsey

Already picking up Italian, showing the benefits of a bilingual education

Re: Aaron Ramsey

Really impressive to be fair! Good for him.

she sounds like the IT Crowd woman..

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Good man. That's impressive!

Excellent effort Aaron, this is a smart move.

Lineker did similar learning Spanish and he never looked back, hugely successful at Barca.

In contrast, I remember Ian Rush's transfer to Juve back in the day. He couldn't speak a word of Italian, by all accounts didn't even try to and it didn't go down well at all. His football suffered big time.

I like the comment on twitter that "he only speaks Italian when an Englishman steps in the room" or something like that :)

How often has he been seen in the pubs around Turin? It will certainly make ordering a drink a lot easier

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    How often has he been seen in the pubs around Turin? It will certainly make ordering a drink a lot easier
    Still bitter about claims a 19 year old might be spending too long in pubs I see

Still bitter about claims a 19 year old might be spending too long in pubs I see
    Since he's been rumbled about Ronnie, he's just posting stuff like this. Embarrassing really.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Since he's been rumbled about Ronnie, he's just posting stuff like this. Embarrassing really.
    I guess he is a bit defensive over the players he discovered, only natural really

I guess he is a bit defensive over the players he discovered, only natural really
    Are you and Pedro the same person? You always seem to back up each others posts!

Are you and Pedro the same person? You always seem to back up each others posts!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Excellent effort Aaron, this is a smart move.

Lineker did similar learning Spanish and he never looked back, hugely successful at Barca.

In contrast, I remember Ian Rush's transfer to Juve back in the day. He couldn't speak a word of Italian, by all accounts didn't even try to and it didn't go down well at all. His football suffered big time.
    I seem to remember Rushy being asked what he learnt from his time in Italy and he said I've found a lovely red wine called Barolo. 🍷🍷😊😊

Rather large elephant in the room on this subject?

I can assure you I am not City123. I just joined for a bit of chit-chat, and to reminisce about my favourite player Pedro.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    I can assure you I am not City123. I just joined for a bit of chit-chat, and to reminisce about my favourite player Pedro.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Would that be Pedro the racing driver?