+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another "I don't believe it" moment

Another "I don't believe it" moment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49016151

OK, tragic but a grown bloke who was a railway fanatic and worked on the railway - did he really need to have a notice on the carriage door to tell him not to lean out of the window of a moving train? The litigious society here we come. Shades of the aluminium ladder saga (no warning label not to use near overhead power cables).

Re: Another "I don't believe it" moment

Although this isn't anyone sueing them - it's an offence which came to light during the accident investigation. A bit like a car involved in a fatal accident which turns out to have had no mot.
    You're right though that it'll open the door for increased damages in any civil suit.

Yet another “I don’t believe it” moment:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...sks-long-term/

Apparently children as young as six are "choosing" their gender. A quote from the above article that says it all really:
    Dr Bernadette Wren, head of clinical psychology at the trust, said: “Social transitioning has become a really big topic. We have never recommended complete social transitioning but it has become a really popular thing and many advocacy groups really promote it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Yet another “I don’t believe it” moment:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...sks-long-term/

Apparently children as young as six are "choosing" their gender. A quote from the above article that says it all really:
    Dr Bernadette Wren, head of clinical psychology at the trust, said: “Social transitioning has become a really big topic. We have never recommended complete social transitioning but it has become a really popular thing and many advocacy groups really promote it.”
    How many times a day on average do you shake your head and mutter something about the world going potty? It's for a survey I'm doing

International

Shake my head and mutter 'Doing a fecking survey?'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49016151

OK, tragic but a grown bloke who was a railway fanatic and worked on the railway - did he really need to have a notice on the carriage door to tell him not to lean out of the window of a moving train? The litigious society here we come. Shades of the aluminium ladder saga (no warning label not to use near overhead power cables).
    There was a tv ad for a one of those ambulance-chasing law firms, which had a guy with a smashed hand saying "I wa given the wrong type of ladder"
    Some wag on a comedy prog commented "If my job involved climbing lsdders, I'd know the right type of ladder to use!"

It' getting as bad as the Darwin awards.
    A famous one in USA (of course) was a burglar broke into a house, goot into the integral garage and the door shut behind him, and he couldn't get out until the owners got back several days later.
    He sued for the stress caused - and won!!

The problem with many of the examples on this thread is that the types of claims highlighted makes real claims and real grievances so much harder.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    The problem with many of the examples on this thread is that the types of claims highlighted makes real claims and real grievances so much harder.
    I'd like to think that common-sense would prevail (the man on the Clapham omnibus scenario comes to mind) and most of us would recognise what a real claim/grievance looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    How many times a day on average do you shake your head and mutter something about the world going potty? It's for a survey I'm doing
    Some of these examples are, in reality, minor irritations when you look at the state of the world in general of course. I realise I am extremely fortunate to have time to concern myself about such things as I am not having to worry about having a missile or barrel bomb dropping on my house at any moment.

Some of these examples are, in reality, minor irritations when you look at the state of the world in general of course. I realise I am extremely fortunate to have time to concern myself about such things as I am not having to worry about having a missile or barrel bomb dropping on my house at any moment.
    Very true mate