+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Transfer Deadline

Transfer Deadline

I just noticed that there's only three weeks left to complete moves , and the manager is out of town in North America for two of them.

Have we done our usual thing of leaving it to the last minute, are there deals on the table being done by Mehmet and Mr Choo , or have we already done all our business ?

I'd be quite disappointed if we don't intend to bring in a quality midfielder and ,given the departure of Apathetic Ken, a new striker.

I suppose the other alternative is that Sir Neil's going to do some loan stuff, which is always last minute. I'm thinking we could do worse that bring Niasse back on another loan with an option to buy in January.

Re: Transfer Deadline

For all the respect he deserved for the effort he put in, Niasse couldn`t hit a barn door with a laser guided missile , too big a risk. If Ken is off I hope the club are in negotiations with clubs as opposed to identifying possible targets at this stage.

Niasse didn't score a single goal for us. Would be mental bringing him back

We just offloaded two players today while the manager is out of town so I don't really see your point.

It was already made clear after we bought Vaulks et al, that we had to get players out before we could get players in. Wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I just noticed that there's only three weeks left to complete moves , and the manager is out of town in North America for two of them.

Have we done our usual thing of leaving it to the last minute, are there deals on the table being done by Mehmet and Mr Choo , or have we already done all our business ?

I'd be quite disappointed if we don't intend to bring in a quality midfielder and ,given the departure of Apathetic Ken, a new striker.

I suppose the other alternative is that Sir Neil's going to do some loan stuff, which is always last minute. I'm thinking we could do worse that bring Niasse back on another loan with an option to buy in January.
    Internet and phones

International

I'm sure they have a list of targets, and he doesn't need to be sitting in his office looking at it, his scouts and agents will have the list in their pockets.
    #But seriously, there are people paid good money to do the financial arrangements, and a committee to approve or disapprove the end reslut. NW doesn't have to be here.

We could do worse than bring Niasse back. Like get Etuhu back or wheres Steve MacClean these days.

Seriously Niasse was terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We could do worse than bring Niasse back. Like get Etuhu back or wheres Steve MacClean these days.

Seriously Niasse was terrible

Well I wouldn't say that. In every other area except actually scoring he was excellent . He was creating openings all over the place and getting into the positions, but he lacked the ability to hit the ball accurately and quickly enough at that level I think.
    I kept hoping and expecting him to find his touch for goal but it never happened , and I'm told that it's been the same story at Everton.

In any case, I'm wondering whether he'd be able to do better at scoring in the Championship because the way he disrupts defences is certainly an asset to anyone.

Just a thought really , and I could think of better alternatives, but if we run out of time as we've done before perhaps it'd be a failsafe option, although only on loan initially because we've no idea whether he'd be able to score more goals in the championship than he did in the premiership.

Well I wouldn't say that. In every other area except actually scoring he was excellent . He was creating openings all over the place and getting into the positions, but he lacked the ability to hit the ball accurately and quickly enough at that level I think.
    I kept hoping and expecting him to find his touch for goal but it never happened , and I'm told that it's been the same story at Everton.

In any case, I'm wondering whether he'd be able to do better at scoring in the Championship because the way he disrupts defences is certainly an asset to anyone.

Just a thought really , and I could think of better alternatives, but if we run out of time as we've done before perhaps it'd be a failsafe option, although only on loan initially because we've no idea whether he'd be able to score more goals in the championship than he did in the premiership.
    Come on ...... That one on one away against Man City summed him up !!!!!!

I actually agree with RonnieBird/Wales Bales - he did cause problems with his running and generally being a nuisance and I thought we did look threatening when he played after he first signed. I don't want him here now though purely because I've never seen a striker less likely to put the ball in the actual net

I thought he improved us, I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him again. His pace troubled a lot of good teams last season, and he creates a lot of space for the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Come on ...... That one on one away against Man City summed him up !!!!!!
    Good laugh that. I enjoyed it . Nicely summed up our performance that, and I was there.