+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manga on his way

Re: Manga on his way

I think he's been one of our more consistent performers over the last 3/4 years. I'll be sad to see him leave.

He will be very difficult to replace, good on the ball, pretty quick for a CB, great timing, good positional sense....

Good luck to him, sounds like a move back to France he wants to make for family etc.

Thanks Bruno and all the best

Sorry I haven’t got his wage slip as definitive proof.

I think he probably was on a decent wage, the legacy of a time when our hierarchy were blaming Malky for financial mismanagement, yet forked out the best part of £12.5m on Morrison, Le Fondre and Manga despite being relegated to the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's not a statement, it's an opinion.
    Yes and we could all say that couldn't we Mr Picky?

It is also my opinion that you are playing to the crowd viewing

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Sorry I haven’t got his wage slip as definitive proof.

I think he probably was on a decent wage, the legacy of a time when our hierarchy were blaming Malky for financial mismanagement, yet forked out the best part of £12.5m on Morrison, Le Fondre and Manga despite being relegated to the championship.
    It's possible I guess, but the club Manga came from wouldn't have been paying him big money and neither is the club he's going to.

Championship clubs aspiring to be Premier League clubs are notorious for paying British players silly money, as City no doubt did with Le Fondre and Morrison. Apparently, Flint was given a new 3-year contract by Bristol City in March 2018, then a 4-year contract by Middlesbrough in June 2018, and now he's joining City, presumably on another 4-year contract.

Personally, I'd be amazed if City will be paying Flint less than they were paying Manga, who's joining a low-grade French side.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yes and we could all say that couldn't we Mr Picky?

It is also my opinion that you are playing to the crowd viewing
    Sure thing. The 'crowd' are no doubt on the edge of their seats as we discuss Bruno Manga's wages.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's possible I guess, but the club Manga came from wouldn't have been paying him big money and neither is the club he's going to.

Championship clubs aspiring to be Premier League clubs are notorious for paying British players silly money, as City no doubt did with Le Fondre and Morrison. Apparently, Flint was given a new 3-year contract by Bristol City in March 2018, then a 4-year contract by Middlesbrough in June 2018, and now he's joining City, presumably on another 4-year contract.

Personally, I'd be amazed if City will be paying Flint less than they were paying Manga, who's joining a low-grade French side.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39452972

Manga was on a lot. We'll be paying Flint similarly though, as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39452972

Manga was on a lot. We'll be paying Flint similarly though, as you say.
    Manga was signed by us at a time when money was no object by Ole.

He would have been a high earner then and also was in a side which got promoted which would have boosted is wages further.

He signed a new contract at reduced wages a few years back

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-13247652

Even then he would have been one of the club’s highest earners

This one says he was on £24k per week

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...eekly-15230074

This one £16k

https://www.capology.com/soccer/play...salary-profile

This one £29k

https://sillyseason.com/salary/cardi...laries-125763/

So who knows ?

His contract was extended by a year a few months back. If that involved a further pay cut then he must have a crap agent.

However I don’t think it’s too much of a guess to assume he is one of the higher paid players left.

Flint won’t be cheap. At a guess I’d say a few thousand a week less than Manga, but it’s no more than a guess, as are all the other opinions on here including it seems, the web sites linked 😉

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Sad to see Manga go but again its a transfer I get as he's in the last year of his contract

Thought he dug us out of a lot of bother time and again last season and sometimes looked like the only defender in our team who could handle quick pass and move from the opposition. Hopefully there won't be too much of that this season and Flint will fit into our sit deep tactics and get the ball out wide quickly.
    Agreed. It’s £3m better off than we would have been this time next year when he walked for a free

Thought he was crap. Oh how we miss him now

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Thought he was crap. Oh how we miss him now
    I said what we were left with was enough at this level. How wrong.

We'll spend double that on Flint, who's half as good.
    Can I have a job scouting at City?

Can I have a job scouting at City?
    In all seriousness i reckon that some of our fans could do a better job than Warnocks chief scout 'mate' He's doing sterling work. I'm going to send the club an Email saying that i've got some magic beans that grow into a 20 goal a season striker, should get an offer back of half a million...

Manga is well missed .

He's better than anything we've got now. £3m was Ok price wise as he wanted to go back to France, and for more money. I'd have him back in January if we could. maybe we could entice the French club with an exchange for Flint or Glatzel???!!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    He's better than anything we've got now. £3m was Ok price wise as he wanted to go back to France, and for more money. I'd have him back in January if we could. maybe we could entice the French club with an exchange for Flint or Glatzel???!!
    lmaorofl

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    In all seriousness i reckon that some of our fans could do a better job than Warnocks chief scout 'mate' He's doing sterling work. I'm going to send the club an Email saying that i've got some magic beans that grow into a 20 goal a season striker, should get an offer back of half a million...
    Our current hit rate of 0% will be hard to top but I'll give it a go