Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 59 of 59

Thread: Manga on his way

  1. #31

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    According to wales online

    £3m to Guingamp
    Who the duck are they is it a holiday camp for guinea pigs

  2. #32

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think we already have the replacement in Curtis Nelson. Warnock has said pubically that he feels he could easily make the step up.
    I didn't realise Warnock got that close with new signings, is a full examination part of the medical?

  3. #33

    Re: Manga on his way

    Interesting that the club website doesn't even list Connolly in the First Team Squad: https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/

    Peltier (Cox, Jazz)
    Morrison (Bamba)
    Flint (Nelson)
    Bennett (Cunningham)

    Very strong defensive unit for the Championship, if lacking a bit of pace. Boro conceeded the least amount of goals in the Championship last season - how much of that was due to Pulis, rather than Flint, I don't know.

  4. #34

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Who the duck are they is it a holiday camp for guinea pigs
    You're on form today..

  5. #35

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You're on form today..
    Drugs are working

  6. #36

    Re: Manga on his way

    Sad to see Manga go but again its a transfer I get as he's in the last year of his contract

    Thought he dug us out of a lot of bother time and again last season and sometimes looked like the only defender in our team who could handle quick pass and move from the opposition. Hopefully there won't be too much of that this season and Flint will fit into our sit deep tactics and get the ball out wide quickly.

  7. #37

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Morrison was far from loved by our fans after his first season (by myself included).
    That is true. We often have short memories but I recall taking a while to warm to Morrison.

    Is it wrong that I donít particularly like Flint because he has a flash number on his car? 😯 (Iím sure that Iíll get past it if we sign him though!)

    He does seem like a Warnock type of player from my recollection of him.

  8. #38
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,518

    Re: Manga on his way

    This report claims the fee (to Dijon not Guingamp) is just 2 million Euros:

    http://sportwitness.co.uk/cardiff-pl...tract-e2m-fee/

  9. #39

    Re: Manga on his way

    Very disappointing
    And only £3m. Better to keep him at that valuation.
    There has to be more to it.

  10. #40

    Re: Manga on his way

    He's benefited from having his two best seasons as the most recent in memory, and being the most capable CB at premier league level, but over a 5 year period I do not think he's played up to being a £5million pound player. A good player but not a "great servant" as some twitter tributes are suggesting.

  11. #41

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...manga-16604402

    Bruno was 31 on Tuesday, I think £3 million for a defender of that age who has played almost exclusively as a Championship player in this country with a year left on his deal is bad - my concern is that all of our centrebacks will have a samey type look to them if we do sign Flint (he's 30 as well, so I'd be very reluctant to pay much more than what we're supposedly getting for Bruno).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Did you mean to type.."isn't bad"?
    Doesn't "bad" mean "good" these days tho bro Inni

  12. #42

    Re: Manga on his way

    3 mil is nothing these days and he would be a good very acquisition at that price.

    As has already been said though, a year left and he's a high earner. What we may be lacking in transfer fee we'd save on wages.

    Difficult role at RB last season but some top performances at CB, his natural position.

    Thanks Bruno and best wishes

  13. #43

    Re: Manga on his way

    Confirmed on Dijonís Twitter, good luck Bruno!

  14. #44

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    As has already been said though, a year left and he's a high earner. What we may be lacking in transfer fee we'd save on wages.
    Why do you think Manga is a high earner? What evidence is there for that?

  15. #45

  16. #46

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Why do you think Manga is a high earner? What evidence is there for that?
    Well I haven't seen his pay slip but my guess is that his replacement will command a lesser wage.
    I also think that he performs better at a high level.

    Have you got an opinion on it one way or another?

    Edit: I see there is evidence above, posted the other day too.
    Hey Stavros, coogie coo

  17. #47

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    It's on the internet, so it must be true.

    Manga signed from a mediocre French club while City were in the Championship, he spent most of his time here in the Championship and he's moving to a club who get crowds of around 12,000 and narrowly avoided relegation last season.

    I'd be amazed if Manga is a 'high earner', but if he is then it goes to show that persistent claims of the club now being well-run are somewhat wide of the mark.

  18. #48

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Well I haven't seen his pay slip but my guess is that his replacement will command a lesser wage.
    I also think that he performs better at a high level.

    Have you got an opinion on it one way or another?
    Yes, see above.

    I'd have thought Flint would be earning more right now.

  19. #49

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yes, see above.

    I'd have thought Flint would be earning more right now.
    Have you any evidence that might back up that statement?

  20. #50

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Have you any evidence that might back up that statement?
    It's not a statement, it's an opinion.

  21. #51

    Re: Manga on his way

    I think he's been one of our more consistent performers over the last 3/4 years. I'll be sad to see him leave.

    He will be very difficult to replace, good on the ball, pretty quick for a CB, great timing, good positional sense....

    Good luck to him, sounds like a move back to France he wants to make for family etc.

    Thanks Bruno and all the best

  22. #52

    Re: Manga on his way

    Sorry I havenít got his wage slip as definitive proof.

    I think he probably was on a decent wage, the legacy of a time when our hierarchy were blaming Malky for financial mismanagement, yet forked out the best part of £12.5m on Morrison, Le Fondre and Manga despite being relegated to the championship.

  23. #53

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's not a statement, it's an opinion.
    Yes and we could all say that couldn't we Mr Picky?

    It is also my opinion that you are playing to the crowd viewing

  24. #54

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Sorry I haven’t got his wage slip as definitive proof.

    I think he probably was on a decent wage, the legacy of a time when our hierarchy were blaming Malky for financial mismanagement, yet forked out the best part of £12.5m on Morrison, Le Fondre and Manga despite being relegated to the championship.
    It's possible I guess, but the club Manga came from wouldn't have been paying him big money and neither is the club he's going to.

    Championship clubs aspiring to be Premier League clubs are notorious for paying British players silly money, as City no doubt did with Le Fondre and Morrison. Apparently, Flint was given a new 3-year contract by Bristol City in March 2018, then a 4-year contract by Middlesbrough in June 2018, and now he's joining City, presumably on another 4-year contract.

    Personally, I'd be amazed if City will be paying Flint less than they were paying Manga, who's joining a low-grade French side.

  25. #55

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yes and we could all say that couldn't we Mr Picky?

    It is also my opinion that you are playing to the crowd viewing
    Sure thing. The 'crowd' are no doubt on the edge of their seats as we discuss Bruno Manga's wages.....

  26. #56

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's possible I guess, but the club Manga came from wouldn't have been paying him big money and neither is the club he's going to.

    Championship clubs aspiring to be Premier League clubs are notorious for paying British players silly money, as City no doubt did with Le Fondre and Morrison. Apparently, Flint was given a new 3-year contract by Bristol City in March 2018, then a 4-year contract by Middlesbrough in June 2018, and now he's joining City, presumably on another 4-year contract.

    Personally, I'd be amazed if City will be paying Flint less than they were paying Manga, who's joining a low-grade French side.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39452972

    Manga was on a lot. We'll be paying Flint similarly though, as you say.

  27. #57

  28. #58

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39452972

    Manga was on a lot. We'll be paying Flint similarly though, as you say.
    Manga was signed by us at a time when money was no object by Ole.

    He would have been a high earner then and also was in a side which got promoted which would have boosted is wages further.

    He signed a new contract at reduced wages a few years back

    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-13247652

    Even then he would have been one of the clubís highest earners


    This one says he was on £24k per week

    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...eekly-15230074


    This one £16k

    https://www.capology.com/soccer/play...salary-profile

    This one £29k

    https://sillyseason.com/salary/cardi...laries-125763/


    So who knows ?


    His contract was extended by a year a few months back. If that involved a further pay cut then he must have a crap agent.


    However I donít think itís too much of a guess to assume he is one of the higher paid players left.

    Flint wonít be cheap. At a guess Iíd say a few thousand a week less than Manga, but itís no more than a guess, as are all the other opinions on here including it seems, the web sites linked 😉

  29. #59

    Re: Manga on his way

    Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Sad to see Manga go but again its a transfer I get as he's in the last year of his contract

    Thought he dug us out of a lot of bother time and again last season and sometimes looked like the only defender in our team who could handle quick pass and move from the opposition. Hopefully there won't be too much of that this season and Flint will fit into our sit deep tactics and get the ball out wide quickly.
    Agreed. Itís £3m better off than we would have been this time next year when he walked for a free

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •