According to wales online

£3m to Guingamp

Re: Manga on his way

Can we now get a defender who can turn quicker than an articulated lorry

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    According to wales online

£3m to Guingamp
    £3m? That seems awfully cheap. Also, they're in Ligue 2?

If he wants to go back for personal reasons though, I suppose it is only right.

This makes no sense to me. Prime age for a CB, held his own in the premiership.

£3million is very cheap for him

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

I’ll drive him there

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I’ll drive him there
    We'll spend double that on Flint, who's half as good.

In the last year of his contract, which can't have helped the fee, but it does seem slightly low.

I wonder if he was on big wages?

Family back in France (including child); be a paycut involved for him. Surprised he's lasted this long.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...manga-16604402

Bruno was 31 on Tuesday, I think £3 million for a defender of that age who has played almost exclusively as a Championship player in this country with a year left on his deal is bad - my concern is that all of our centrebacks will have a samey type look to them if we do sign Flint (he's 30 as well, so I'd be very reluctant to pay much more than what we're supposedly getting for Bruno).

International

How much is that in the kitty for a striker now?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Bruno was 31 on Tuesday, I think £3 million for a defender of that age who has played almost exclusively as a Championship player in this country with a year left on his deal is bad - my concern is that all of our centrebacks will have a samey type look to them if we do sign Flint (he's 30 as well, so I'd be very reluctant to pay much more than what we're supposedly getting for Bruno).
    This is my concern.

We also now need additional cover at RB too; as we've got Peltier and I'm not convinced Jazz will still be here come the deadline (not that you can rely on him staying fit anyway). There's a certain welsh international available who could do a job at RB for us; certainly in a back-up capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    This is my concern.

We also now need additional cover at RB too; as we've got Peltier and I'm not convinced Jazz will still be here come the deadline (not that you can rely on him staying fit anyway). There's a certain welsh international available who could do a job at RB for us; certainly in a back-up capacity.
    Hopefully Cameron Coxe can take this opportunity with both hands.

If we are looking at Flint, there's no chance we'll be able to get him for £3m either.

Prefer it, if he used his feet

To add; this is at a very advanced stage.

I think we already have the replacement in Curtis Nelson. Warnock has said pubically that he feels he could easily make the step up.

So Bamba Flint(maybe) Nelson Morrisson Connolly.
    More than enough at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think we already have the replacement in Curtis Nelson. Warnock has said pubically that he feels he could easily make the step up.
    Not so sure Eric. That would leave us only 2 CB's for the start of the season. Fully expect another one in.
    More disappointing about Manga going than Zohore. Arguably our best player last season.

Very disappointing.

All of it.

Bruno leaving. £3m fee. Flint probably arriving (after his last season flop).

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Very disappointing.

All of it.

Bruno leaving. £3m fee. Flint probably arriving (after his last season flop).
    Morrison was far from loved by our fans after his first season (by myself included).

To add; this is at a very advanced stage.
    There we go.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...rdiff-6m-deal/

Take a couple of £m off the fee. £3m rising.

This is my concern.

We've got Bacuna who can play at right back and if Neil Warnock could bring himself to have Cameron Coxe or Ryan Price (who Hull and Portsmouth were, reportedly, interested in a few months ago) in the first team squad, then I'd say that would be sufficient if Peltier maintained the standard he showed last season, but, assuming he'll not be prepared to use what he sees as youngsters, Chris Gunter would be a decent, pretty cheap, short to medium term solution.

We've got Bacuna who can play at right back and if Neil Warnock could bring himself to have Cameron Coxe or Ryan Price (who Hull and Portsmouth were, reportedly, interested in a few months ago) in the first team squad, then I'd say that would be sufficient if Peltier maintained the standard he showed last season, but, assuming he'll not be prepared to use what he sees as youngsters, Chris Gunter would be a decent, pretty cheap, short to medium term solution.
    Bacuna at right back. Shudder. Zero positional sense.

There we go.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...rdiff-6m-deal/

Take a couple of £m off the fee. £3m rising.
    There's one, former, contributor to my blog who will be absolutely delighted by this news - as I say, I wish he was a bit younger and that he was as good a footballer as Bruno is, but, if the price is as you say, I'm not sure we could do much better given our manager's methods in the transfer market.

If we are looking at Flint, there's no chance we'll be able to get him for £3m either.
    This.
    We can’t complain on the one hand about not giving youth a chance then ask to stuff the team with new signings when we have a reasonable back up option coming through the ranks.

I can understand not having the likes of Coxe, Spence, Waite, Brown etc.. as 1st choice, but to stack 3-4 options in front of each means they are unlikely to ever have a chance and no point in bothering with a youth set up.

Also I don’t want too big a squad, wages are an issue, but also morale as there will be loads with very little chance of a game and that’s how bad feeling and cliques start