+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: As of now.................................

As of now.................................

with Zohore and Bruno on our way out and nearly all of last season's midfield gone, is there anybody willing to argue that we are stronger than we were in 18/19? A manager whose record at Cardiff when spending large sums is patchy at best is going to have to do better in the transfer market than he has done recently to justify our third favourites tag, especially as going down the loan route seems unlikely given his reluctance to play youngsters and a degree of snobbishness at big clubs about "Warnockball" that makes them reluctant to allow their better prospects to go to a place like Cardiff.

Re: As of now.................................

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    with Zohore and Bruno on our way out and nearly all of last season's midfield gone, is there anybody willing to argue that we are stronger than we were in 18/19? A manager whose record at Cardiff when spending large sums is patchy at best is going to have to do better in the transfer market than he has done recently to justify our third favourites tag, especially as going down the loan route seems unlikely given his reluctance to play youngsters and a degree of snobbishness at big clubs about "Warnockball" that makes them reluctant to allow their better prospects to go to a place like Cardiff.
    It is not snobbishness Bob.It's sound judgement.

zohore scored hardly any goals and manga is a walking fridge...so yes :P

As of now, those 2 players are Cardiff players. If/ by the time / they go there’s a good chance they will have been replaced.

I’m not over the moon with them leaving and was hoping for a bit of continuity, but to make that comparison in that way, is surely looking in the darkest of dark sides 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    As of now, those 2 players are Cardiff players. If/ by the time / they go there’s a good chance they will have been replaced.

I’m not over the moon with them leaving and was hoping for a bit of continuity, but to make that comparison in that way, is surely looking in the darkest of dark sides ��
    We've lost five players who were pretty regular selections in the Premier League last season and so far we've brought in someone who was relegated from the Championship and a couple of lower division free transfers. Flint seems to be on his way, so that helps, but, given the choice, I'd prefer we kept Bruno - we have to be weaker than we were, so now our manager has to do better than he has done lately at the higher end of the transfer market in terms of fees.

I don't know where this leaves Cunningham. He cost £4m, is inferior to Manga and doubt whether the exits will improve his chances of first team football. Could he be on his way as well?

We've lost five players who were pretty regular selections in the Premier League last season and so far we've brought in someone who was relegated from the Championship and a couple of lower division free transfers. Flint seems to be on his way, so that helps, but, given the choice, I'd prefer we kept Bruno - we have to be weaker than we were, so now our manager has to do better than he has done lately at the higher end of the transfer market in terms of fees.
    I think we just need to be a bit patient. I have a feeling everything will start to fall into place within the next 7-10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I don't know where this leaves Cunningham. He cost £4m, is inferior to Manga and doubt whether the exits will improve his chances of first team football. Could he be on his way as well?
    Don’t think a centre half cum right back leaving affects the full back at all

We are almost certainly going to be weaker in midfield.

You’ve basically replaced Camerasa withTomlin ( wildcard), Artur with Vaulkes ( another unknown) and Gunnar with Bacuna ( who I reckon was bought for this reason).
    Ralls should play more this season and is a proven performer at this level and a key member of the promotion side.

We need 1 more, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with that lot.. plus Damour and Paterson.

I’m not 100% as I don’t know how the partnership will work, but at Championship level Manga was too dreamy and Bamba performed better. Flint at Bristol was also better, so that one may well work our better.

As far as Zohore is concerned then I rate him, but he’s not contributed much in the last season and you’ll probably get more goals and assists out of Bogle and Madine ( if they stay)..

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    It is not snobbishness Bob.It's sound judgement.
    Agreed

Take Ethan Ampadu for instance. We would just bang the ball over his head, so Ampadu and Lampard would gain nothing sending him here on loan.

I think the continuity is at risk at this point.
    I'd just come round to appreciating Manga.

I think we will be a different side ,and it did need a refresh .

Rightly or wrongly I felt at times nether Manga or Zohore where 100% happy with the club or its environment ,lets be fair they are form parts of the world that are very different in climate ,and make up .

Flint is a typical top end championship player.
    Tomlin has the ability to fill a midfield birth well
    Vaulks replaces Gunner ,
    Gary Madine. ( give him service and a run )

Reid , Murphy , Ward , NML ,Hoilett , more than capable
    Morrison. Bennett. Cunningham. Peltier. .(very good proven championship defenders )
    Callum Paterson. Ralls. Bacuna. midfield

Top 3 keepers in the squad

Get one more creative midfielder and a forward and side would be in the mix ,playing that never say die game as we did previously .

I'd like us to see us bring in one or two young or youngish quality players and build for the future. At this rate if we do manage to go up, we're going to be right back where we started and in need of a 50M investment to have a chance of staying in the EPL.

Look like we are off loading the foreigners and bringing in the British grit 😬
    Warnock will get us Brexit 👍😀..

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd like us to see us bring in one or two young or youngish quality players and build for the future. At this rate if we do manage to go up, we're going to be right back where we started and in need of a 50M investment to have a chance of staying in the EPL.
    That’s the dilemma you have in keeping Warnock. He’s effectiveness is both his strength and weakness as he offers a lot in the way of results but little in the way of pregression. If he had better scouts and a decent youth system he’d be much more attractive manager. Then again, his tactical approach would also have to change to accommodate this. Something which is unlikely to ever happen with this tupe of manager.

When Bruno came into the centre of defence later on last season I thought we looked a lot more compact at the back. I'm sorry to see him go, and our current squad - even with the 'Warnock' effect - looks mid table at best.

From experience we all know transfer deals accelerate as the deadline approaches, so we haven't got a complete squad yet, but for a club with the lowest wage bill in last year's Prem. league and probably a current wage bill around average for the Championship, plus the parachute payments, plus the sale of Zohore and Manga - well, I could go on, but if City really want to challenge for a top 6 spot I hope they don't think they'll do it with what we've got at present...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    When Bruno came into the centre of defence later on last season I thought we looked a lot more compact at the back. I'm sorry to see him go, and our current squad - even with the 'Warnock' effect - looks mid table at best.

From experience we all know transfer deals accelerate as the deadline approaches, so we haven't got a complete squad yet, but for a club with the lowest wage bill in last year's Prem. league and probably a current wage bill around average for the Championship, plus the parachute payments, plus the sale of Zohore and Manga - well, I could go on, but if City really want to challenge for a top 6 spot I hope they don't think they'll do it with what we've got at present...
    I also thought we looked better with Bruno in the middle but then again we lost 9 of our last 11 games before the dead rubber at old Trafford