+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our new look defence

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Our new look defence

I don't mind Manga going. With Flint replacing him. From what I can tell he is s similar player to Morrison. Would make for a very commanding defensive partnership at this level. With Etheridge behind them, 2 good full backs and Nelson protecting the back 4 I don't think they'll be many better defensive units in the championship.

Re: Our new look defence

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I don't mind Manga going. With Flint replacing him. From what I can tell he is s similar player to Morrison. Would make for a very commanding defensive partnership at this level. With Etheridge behind them, 2 good full backs and Nelson protecting the back 4 I don't think they'll be many better defensive units in the championship.
    This Senegalese chap can play left back as well, and Bacuna can also fill in. And Paterson

Matt Connolly hasn't gone anywhere - on his dodgy ankles.

That's putting an awful lot of responsibility on someone we signed on a free from a League One club who has never played in that position for a concerted spell. It seems pretty obvious Flint became a target once it was learned that Bruno wasn't staying - I believe Curtis Nelson was bought in as cover.

Nelson has played in that position in pre season. He's smaller stature and a ball playing defender. I think he could thrive in that position with good players around him.

Nelson has played in that position in pre season. He's smaller stature and a ball playing defender. I think he could thrive in that position with good players around him.
    Don't you think it's a little early to be planning for square pegs in round holes?

Thought Vaulks was for that role , hows Bamba going to fit in ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Thought Vaulks was for that role , hows Bamba going to fit in ??
    Squad player