+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OUR MAN FLINT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: OUR MAN FLINT

Wales Online's take on the strengths and weaknesses of Aden Flint:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...flint-16605992

Not much pace and doesn't win as many aerial duels as he should, and also doesn't tackle much.

He is positionally smart and usually defends deep, and also likes a shot at goal.

Re: OUR MAN FLINT

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Wales Online's take on the strengths and weaknesses of Aden Flint:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...flint-16605992

Not much pace and doesn't win as many aerial duels as he should, and also doesn't tackle much.

He is positionally smart and usually defends deep, and also likes a shot at goal.

Shows how much WO understand about football.
    I try not to critisise our boys, but last season certain people caused problems by tackling too early and leaving us open. It's generally much better to control the man and limit his options than go lungeing in because if you miss the tackle he's free.

Manga wasn't guilty of this so much as wasting the ball or even losing it immediately after a successful tackle, but I think Flint is probably a better player than him all round and in that sense we're better off. I was critical of Manga for a long time, but I'd come round to appreciating him and the idea that his strengths outweighed his weaknesses, so I'm sorry to see him leaving.

I'm also increasingly concerned about loss of continuity ,which I'd thought would be our biggest asset this term. It's looking as if we're starting out again at this rate, which isn't good , but on the positive side we've got some great players and this one is certainly up to the job.