+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OUR MAN FLINT

OUR MAN FLINT

Apparently ??????

Re: OUR MAN FLINT

Couple of nice finishes among this lot;-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpzz6x_bISs

Thinking about it, we have been told for years that the wurzels are a fine passing side, so maybe we're signing someone who can spray the ball around and bring it out from the back after all.

Does this mean that Morrison will have a mandate to stay back when we have corners?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Does this mean that Morrison will have a mandate to stay back when we have corners?
    Morrison is going to have to Waitrose to find out

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Couple of nice finishes among this lot;-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpzz6x_bISs

Thinking about it, we have been told for years that the wurzels are a fine passing side, so maybe we're signing someone who can spray the ball around and bring it out from the back after all.
    I believe he's played in midfield as well , which suggests an ability to hold and play the ball , bloody tall ald at 6th 5inces,wheres that strange Bristol city poster when you need him ( jusr a crustt )

He is basically Sean Morrison. Very similar players as far as I can recall.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    He is basically Sean Morrison. Very similar players as far as I can recall.
    He is indeed. Perhaps with an extra half-a-yard of pace..

Will Vaulks will be a busy man trying to lob those long throws of his into the box! I can see us getting back to our previous stint in the Championship, whereby we were so potent at set-pieces.

Scores quite a few goals too, although last season only scored one!

87 goals in 408 senior appearances is excellent for a defender and he is a year younger than Manga as well. Was one of the best players in the Championship two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    87 goals in 408 senior appearances is excellent for a defender and he is a year younger than Manga as well. Was one of the best players in the Championship two years ago.
    Yup!

I see this as a good signing.

Yup!

I see this as a good signing.
    Same here.
    Spedger

He'd better celebrate when he scores against the wurzels.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He'd better celebrate when he scores against the wurzels.
    3-0 drubbing, Flint, Tomlin and Reid.

Wales Online's take on the strengths and weaknesses of Aden Flint:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...flint-16605992

Not much pace and doesn't win as many aerial duels as he should, and also doesn't tackle much.

He is positionally smart and usually defends deep, and also likes a shot at goal.

Boro fans don't seem bothered. Hopefully he can get back to where he was previously. I suppose wba fans are saying similar about zohore.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Wales Online's take on the strengths and weaknesses of Aden Flint:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...flint-16605992

Not much pace and doesn't win as many aerial duels as he should, and also doesn't tackle much.

He is positionally smart and usually defends deep, and also likes a shot at goal.

Shows how much WO understand about football.
    I try not to critisise our boys, but last season certain people caused problems by tackling too early and leaving us open. It's generally much better to control the man and limit his options than go lungeing in because if you miss the tackle he's free.

Manga wasn't guilty of this so much as wasting the ball or even losing it immediately after a successful tackle, but I think Flint is probably a better player than him all round and in that sense we're better off. I was critical of Manga for a long time, but I'd come round to appreciating him and the idea that his strengths outweighed his weaknesses, so I'm sorry to see him leaving.

I'm also increasingly concerned about loss of continuity ,which I'd thought would be our biggest asset this term. It's looking as if we're starting out again at this rate, which isn't good , but on the positive side we've got some great players and this one is certainly up to the job.

By the way, has the thread's identity investigation squad checked him out in case he's Sean Morrison using another name ?
    There are a lot of similarities , after all.

Flint is a good player in a deep block defence. I don't think he's that good with the ball, but good in the air at both ends of the pitch and gets a lot of blocks

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Flint is a good player in a deep block defence. I don't think he's that good with the ball, but good in the AIRat both ends of the pitch and gets a lot of BLOCKS
    Sounds like a frigging EGG player

He is indeed. Perhaps with an extra half-a-yard of pace..
    Over what distance though?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Over what distance though?
    roughly 18" i`d say.

Stick him up front with Patterson to rough up the opposition 👍 we have a rep to maintain 😀

Selling Manga for £3 million and buying Flint for £4 million plus is not good business in my book. I'll be very disappointed if we start with Flint and Morrison next year - bound to happen - as they are so similar and so basic in their approach. Warnock's duty should be to leave us in a better position than when he arrived and having just one CB under 30 doesn't satisfy that criteria.

6 foot 5.
    Very good header of the ball.
    Wins a lot.

Little to no direction on the header, rarely looks for a player and focuses mainly on clearing it and “getting it forward” - a lot of the time to frustration of midfielders.

Dangerous in the opposition box, particularly for corners or free kicks.

Terrible tendency to go route one constantly when better options are available.

Passionate.
    Gives everything every game.

I liked him.