Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
In essence you agree then that leaving the EU would allow us to reinstate trade with Jamaica.
As I said I'm retired so I don't farm anything any more. Since you appear so interested though I farmed cattle and other livestock in Scotland when I did farm. I saw few banana boats in either place , although I did see a lot of lorries from the South Wales and Bristol when I lived in Dunmow in Essex.

I don't know why I'd want to chat about agriculture in East Anglia with you or vice Versa, but since you're trying to test me it's mainly corn and food crops with a high concentration of sugar beet and around the fens a lot of pumpkins recently. Most small farms here have been absorbed by firms like Pickavers so I don't know many small farmers and of course there's no reason why I should .

I've no idea why so many people here are so paranoid and think everyone is lying and involving themselves in strange intricate conspiracies to mislead people they've never met and never will.

It's getting very tiresome you know. Actually, the only reason I filled out the details on that profile was to discourage nutters from engaging in their peculiar counter intelligence games, but now it seems to have caused more trouble !

What's wrong with you ? Is it so remarkable that someone lives in East Anglia and used to own a farm ? I've actually done other stuff too during my life and lived in a lot of places since I watched the Geest Bay and Geest Port shunting in and out of the docks down there.
I might be wrong but I don't remember Fyfees coming in there at all.
That was a long time ago though and it doesn't matter any more than your half arsed Sherlock Holmes interrogation. Please grow up.
I don't know how you concluded that the Jamaican banana industry decimated by the US lobbying on behalf of the US company Chiquita would somehow rise from the ashes post hard Brexit but then again I guess there is quite a bit about agriculture you are still wrestling with.

Still, I have a little familiarity with cattle (and other livestock industry) and regularly liaised with our devolved colleagues. Those animal id regulations must have been a real bind. I say as one who had some oversight for the regulatory regime.

I fully understand your angst about people thinking you are a 6ft 4 inch white rabbit called Harvey who hangs around with Wales Bales. I just want to talk agriculture with you!